We are responsible for fourteen cemeteries and twelve closed churchyards within the borough.
The easing of restrictions on the 19th July means there will be no requirement to wear face masks, maintain the 1m + social distancing rules or restrict the number of people attending events. As such, from the 19th our crematorium and cemetery chapels will revert to pre-Covid operation with no restrictions. However, we would always encourage our visitors to be mindful of the health and wellbeing of not just themselves, but also friends, family, other visitors and members of the funeral industry staff. Whenever possible reasonable precautions are advised to reduce the risks of any infections.
The early days and months following a bereavement can be a particularly difficult and stressful time. For many a memorial is very important when trying to come to terms with the loss of someone much loved.
Rose Hill and Mexborough cemeteries have chapels within the grounds. Each chapel seats approximately 80 people with further limited standing room.
Available during office operating hours at Rose Hill and during services upon request at Mexborough.
Car parking is available at some of our cemeteries and where vehicular access is possible we allow driving into the grounds for people with mobility issues provided speed limits are observed. Care should also be is taken avoid obstructing access for other users, especially funeral cortages, and to maintain the appearance, dignity and respect of our grounds we would also ask drivers to not drive or park on or very close to graves or memorials.
For safety purposes the speed limit within all cemeteries is 10mph.
Children under 12-years-old are only allowed in the cemetery and crematorium grounds when accompanied by, and under the care of, a responsible adult.
Dogs are welcome in the cemeteries as long as they are kept on a lead and not allowed to go onto memorials or graves. Dog fouling laws apply, so please clean up after your dog and take it home or place it in one of our bins.
Access: Our cemeteries are not locked which allows people to visit at their convenience. However, we would not expect, and do not encourage people to visit during the hours of darkness.
- Rose Hill Cemetery, Ascot Avenue, Cantley, Doncaster, DN4 6HE
- Rose Hill Crematorium, Cantley Lane, Cantley, Doncaster, DN4 6NE
- Arksey, Station Road, Arksey, Doncaster, DN5 0SD
- Arksey Old, Station Road, Arksey, Doncaster, DN5 0SD
- Askern, Campsall Road, Askern, Doncaster, DN6 0BZ
- Campsall, Ryecroft Road, Campsall, Doncaster, DN6 9DW
- Conisbrough, Sheffield Road, Conisbrough, Nr Doncaster, DN12 2AU
- Denaby, Tickhill Square, Denaby, Doncaster, DN12 4AW
- Doncaster Old*, Carr Lane, Doncaster, DN4 5AA
- Mexborough, Cemetery Road, Mexborough, Doncaster, S64 9PN
- Redhouse, Redhouse Lane, Adwick-Le-Street, Doncaster, DN6 7EA
- Rossington, Wadworth Lane, Rossington, Doncaster, DN11 0LA
- Warmsworth, Guest Lane, Warmsworth, Doncaster, DN4 9NX
- Windmill Balk, Windmill Balk Lane, Woodlands, Doncaster, DN6 7SE
*Doncaster Old Cemetery is for re-opened graves only. For further information about Doncaster Old Cemetery please visit the Friends of Hyde Park website.
Closed churchyard locations
- St Nicholas, King Street, Thorne
- Christ Church, Thorne Road, Doncaster
- St Michaels, Sheep Bridge Lane, Rossington
- St Mary's, New Road, Tickhill
- St Nicholas, Doncaster Road & Church Street, Bawtry
- St Leonard and St Mary's Parish Church, Church Street, Armthorpe
- St Peter's, Barnburgh
- Church Lane, Askern
- All Saints Churchyard, Owston
- St Peters Church Street Conisbrough
- All Saints Church Lane Arksey
- St Johns the Baptist, Church Street Mexborough
- Grave Ownership & Transfers
- Burial information
- Woodland and meadowland burial
- Cremation information and opening hours
- Types of memorials
- Memorial and memorabilia rights and regulations
- Costs and fees
- Genealogy and record searches
- War memorials
- Frequently asked questions
- Independent funeral arrangements
- Pubic Health Funerals
- Exhuming a deceased body
- Repatriation of a deceased body
For further information, please contact us:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 01302 736900