Information on opening times, how to find us, facilities available at Rose Hill Crematorium and the disposal, collection and burial of cremated remains. We openly encourage visitors; anyone wishing to view the facilities may do so, please contact Bereavement Services Office to do so.
How to find us
Bereavement Services Office:- 10am - 4pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
Telephone enquiries 9am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
Rose Hill Cemetery and Crematorium Grounds:- Open at all times
Cremations and service times
We don't currently publish a list of cremations and service times online. We are looking into ways of doing this in the future.
- Car park- 85 spaces, 4 disabled parking bays. There is additional car parking space in the event of a large funeral
- Disabled access - The crematorium building is wheelchair user friendly. A hearing loop is in situ.
- Chapel- seats up to 112 people and standing area inside for approximately 70. We have outside speakers and a screen for large funerals.
- Waiting room- with drinking water facilities
- Toilets- situated in the waiting room and the exit of the crematorium building. Disabled toilets available within the grounds
- Music- a wide and varied choice of music is available from our comprehensive list, which can be viewed via your funeral director. If a particular piece of music is not immediately available, the funeral director will try to source and provide the requested piece. (48 hours notice required)
- Organ- Arrangements for an organist must be made in advance via your Funeral Director
- Visual tributes / recording of service available please request via your Funeral Director
- CCTV cameras are in operation around the building
Disposal of cremated remains options:
Collection of cremated remains
Should you wish to retain the Cremated Remains of your loved one to keep at home or take else where your Funeral Director will collect from us on your behalf. A certificate of cremation may be required if the cremated remains are to be interred or scattered elsewhere, so please check beforehand. An additional fee is applicable for this.
Burial / placement of cremated remains
If you wish to have the cremated remains buried within a new plot in the cemetery grounds, we offer the exclusive right of burial for a period of 30, 50 or 75 years depending on the choices made from those listed below.
Crematorium Plot - (Available at Rose Hill only)
These plots are designed for a maximum of two interments with a lease period of 30 years and are applied for directly through the Bereavement Services office.
Two types of these plots are available:
SPGR - comes with a flat 12"x12" stone without the provisions for a flower container. Cremated remains are interred loosely into these plot or otherwise in a velvet bag.
FX - A wedged 'desk top' type stone with the option to have a flower container.
Sanctum/ Panorama (Available at Rose Hill only)
Above ground Niche in individual vault or Column with space for 2 or 3 placements depending on preference.
Available in all City of Doncaster Council cemeteries excluding Hyde Park. These plot can accommodate a maximum of 4 interments depending on container choice. The Exclusive Roghts are offered at 50 or 75 years and stones are obtained through a Funeral Director or Stone Mason. (sizes 18"x18"x2"if flat / 18”x18”x4”-2” if wedge)
For further information, please contact us:
Tel: 01302 736900
Address: Rose Hill Crematorium, Cantley Lane, Cantley, Doncaster, DN4 6NE
Downloads & Resources
Display your introduction over featured image?: No