The Local Offer provides information for children and young people with special educational needs (SEND) and their parents or carers in a single place. It shows families what they can expect from a range of local agencies including education, health and social care.
Latest inspection result
A Local area SEND inspection was conducted by Ofsted in Spring 2019.Read their findings
Information, advice and guidance
- Advice & Support
- Activities & Leisure
- Assessment including Education, Health and Care Plans & Reviews
- Early Years Inclusion
- Health & Social Care
- Get Involved & Latest News
- Personal Budgets
- Preparing for Adulthood (Post 16)
- Schools & Alternative Provision
- Specialist Education Support Services
- The SEN Service and FAQs relating to SEN
Doncaster SEND Strategic Intent 2018 – Updated Special Provision Fund Plan October 2019
Thank you to young people, parents/carers and practitioners for completing our consultation survey on developing SEND provision in Doncaster and taking part in our engagement events.
Please see below to view the outcome of our consultation and engagement activity together with the revised outline plan which takes account of the feedback received.
- Summary of CYP Survey Monkey Feedback
- Download (202KB - PDF)
- Appendix 2 Summary of Survey Monkey Feedback
- Download (362KB - PDF)
- Special Provision Fund Plan Oct 2019
- Download (604KB - PDF)
- Special provision plan template for local authorities to complete - Updated 03.10.19
- Download (119KB - XLSM)
To read more about the review of SEND Provision for Doncaster please use the following link.
Trailblazer - Supporting the Mental Health of Children and Young People 2019
41 educational settings within Doncaster have been chosen to take part in the development of a project to support Children and Young people’s mental health otherwise known as the mental health trailblazer.
Click this link to find out more information about what is involved and who is involved in the development of this project.
- Trailblazer SEMH 2019
- Download (332KB - PDF)
- Development Offer for Trailblazer - local offer
- Download (199KB - PDF)
Get in touch
Doncaster Council’s Families Information Service is responsible for co-ordinating and publishing the Local Offer – Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). If you would like to contribute to the Local Offer please contact us on the information below:
Freephone: 0800 138 4568, operates Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, outside of these hours there is an answer phone service
Email: email@example.com - all queries will be responded to within three working days.
Local Offer Disclaimer
Should you have any cause for complaint against any of the services listed you will need to complain to them directly in line with their complaints policy. Doncaster Council has a complaints procedure which you can follow should you need to complain about any of the services you have received from Doncaster Council. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure Barring Service Check (the replacement of the Criminal Record Bureau - CRB - Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.
Is information on the Local Offer available without using the website?
- 0800 138 4568
- Customer services
- Computers in the reception area
- Families can access computers in their local libraries or Family Hubs
- FIS can post out information which is included on the Local Offer to families
- Print information from Local Offer and make it available to collect from the One Stop Shop
Neighbouring Local Authorities - Local Offer
- Jargon Buster (Glossary of Terms)-1
- Download (167KB - PDF)
- DfE- Parents guide to SEND Code Of Practice
- Download (566KB - PDF)
- DfE - Children and Young People's Guide to SEND Code Of Practice
- Download (4.86MB - )
- SEND Code Of Practice
- Download (3.23MB - PDF)
- Doncaster SEND Strategic Framework 2016 - 2019
- Download (594KB - )
- Ofsted Local area SEND inspection July 2019
- Download (131KB - PDF)