The Local Offer provides information for children and young people with special educational needs (SEND) and their parents or carers in a single place. It shows families what they can expect from a range of local agencies including education, health and social care.
Many parents and carers will have concerns about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We have pulled together some Information To Support Families with Children with Special Educational Needs that we hope you will find helpful.
Information, advice and guidance
- Advice & Support
- Activities & Leisure
- Assessment including Education, Health and Care Plans & Reviews
- Early Years Inclusion
- Health & Social Care
- Get Involved & Latest News
- Personal Budgets
- Preparing for Adulthood (Post 16)
- Schools & Alternative Provision
- Specialist Education Support Services
- The SEN Service and FAQs relating to SEN
Local Offer Directory
Search our Local Offer Directory to find for more services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
The graduated approach aligns the assess, plan, do and review process with the expectations from the SEND Code of Practice for children and young people identified as having SEND. Visit the new graduated approach webpage using the link below.
Get in touch
Doncaster Council’s Families Information Service is responsible for co-ordinating and publishing the Local Offer – Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). If you would like to contribute to the Local Offer please contact us on the information below:
- Freephone: 0800 138 4568
- Telephone: 01302 735237
- Email: email@example.com
Local Offer Disclaimer
Should you have any cause for complaint against any of the services listed you will need to complain to them directly in line with their complaints policy. Doncaster Council has a complaints procedure which you can follow should you need to complain about any of the services you have received from Doncaster Council. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure Barring Service Check (the replacement of the Criminal Record Bureau - CRB - Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.
Is information on the Local Offer available without using the website?
- 0800 138 4568
- Customer services
- Computers in the reception area
- Families can access computers in their local libraries or Family Hubs
- FIS can post out information which is included on the Local Offer to families
- Print information from Local Offer and make it available to collect from the One Stop Shop
Accessing the Local Offer in other formats
Latest Inspection Result
Neighbouring Local Authorities - Local Offer
- Jargon Buster (Glossary of Terms)-1
- Download (167KB - PDF)
- DfE- Parents guide to SEND Code Of Practice
- Download (566KB - PDF)
- DfE - Children and Young People's Guide to SEND Code Of Practice
- Download (4.86MB - )
- SEND Code Of Practice
- Download (3.23MB - PDF)
- Doncaster SEND Strategic Framework 2016 - 2019
- Download (594KB - )
- Ofsted Local area SEND inspection July 2019
- Download (131KB - PDF)
- Local Offer leaflet
- Download (592KB - PDF)