Here is the latest advice for anyone who has been affected or at risk of flooding.
When the risk of flooding is high or an emergency is called, a 24/7 public information helpline is activated for you to report any flooding or request assistance. This number is 01302 735688.
- Sandbag collection
- My house / business is at risk of flooding
- Reporting flooding
- Flood Recovery Report
- Flood Risk Management
- National flooding health guidance and advice
- Road closures
- Staying Covid-secure in the event of flooding
Flooding Alerts in South Yorkshire
There are three types of warning issued when flooding is forecast. These warnings are: flood alerts, flood warnings and severe flood warnings.
Here’s what they mean:
Flood alert - Prepare
- prepare a bag that includes medicines and insurance documents
- check flood warnings
Flood warning - Act
- turn off gas, water and electricity
- move things upstairs or to safety
- move family, pets and car to safety
Severe flood warning - Survive
- call 999 if in immediate danger
- follow advice from emergency services
- keep yourself and your family safe