We are responsible for fourteen cemeteries and twelve closed churchyards within the borough.
The early days and months following a bereavement can be a particularly difficult and stressful time. For many a memorial is very important when trying to come to terms with the loss of someone much loved.
Opening hours for all cemetery grounds are:
- May to September: 8.30am to 8pm.
- October to April: 8.30am to 6pm.
Pedestrian access is available at all times.
Rose Hill, Conisbrough and Mexborough cemeteries have chapels within the grounds. Each chapel seats approximately 80 people with further limited standing room.
Available any time during opening hours at Rose Hill
Car parking is available at some of our cemeteries and where vehicular access is possible we allow driving into the grounds for people with mobility issues provided speed limits are observed. Care should also be is taken avoid obstructing access for other users, especially funeral cortages, and to maintain the appearance, dignity and respect of our grounds we would also ask drivers to not drive or park on or very close to graves or memorials.
For safety purposes the speed limit within all cemeteries is 10mph.
Children under 12-years-old are only allowed in the cemetery and crematorium grounds when accompanied by, and under the care of, a responsible adult.
Dogs are allowed on a lead and must be kept under control at all times. Dog fouling laws apply, so please pick up your dog's mess.
- Rose Hill Cemetery, Ascot Avenue, Cantley, Doncaster, DN4 6HE
- Rose Hill Crematorium, Cantley Lane, Cantley, Doncaster, DN4 6NE
- Arksey, Station Road, Arksey, Doncaster, DN5 0SD
- Arksey Old, Station Road, Arksey, Doncaster, DN5 0SD
- Askern, Campsall Road, Askern, Doncaster, DN6 0BZ
- Campsall, Ryecroft Road, Campsall, Doncaster, DN6 9DW
- Conisbrough, Sheffield Road, Conisbrough, Nr Doncaster, DN12 2AU
- Denaby, Tickhill Square, Denaby, Doncaster, DN12 4AW
- Doncaster Old*, Carr Lane, Doncaster, DN4 5AA
- Mexborough, Cemetery Road, Mexborough, Doncaster, S64 9PN
- Redhouse, Redhouse Lane, Adwick-Le-Street, Doncaster, DN6 7EA
- Rossington, Wadworth Lane, Rossington, Doncaster, DN11 0LA
- Warmsworth, Guest Lane, Warmsworth, Doncaster, DN4 9NX
- Windmill Balk, Windmill Balk Lane, Woodlands, Doncaster, DN6 7SE
*Doncaster Old Cemetery is for re-opened graves only. For further information about Doncaster Old Cemetery please visit the Friends of Hyde Park website.
Closed churchyard locations
- St Nicholas, King Street, Thorne
- Christ Church, Thorne Road, Doncaster
- St Michaels, Sheep Bridge Lane, Rossington
- St Mary's, New Road, Tickhill
- St Nicholas, Doncaster Road & Church Street, Bawtry
- St Leonard and St Mary's Parish Church, Church Street, Armthorpe
- St Peter's, Barnburgh
- Church Lane, Askern
- All Saints Churchyard, Owston
- St Peters Church Street Conisbrough
- All Saints Church Lane Arksey
- St Johns the Baptist, Church Street Mexborough
Most records for the cemeteries are kept at Rose Hill Crematorium.
Records for the closed churchyards are held either at the relevant church, parish council or the diocese.
Hyde Park Cemetery's records are kept by our Archives service.
- Book of Remembrance
- Burial information
- Woodland and meadowland burial
- Cremation information
- Types of memorials
- Memorial and memorabilia rights and regulations
- Costs and fees
- Genealogy and record searches
- War memorials
- Frequently asked questions
- Independent funeral arrangements
- Pubic Health Funerals
- Exhuming a deceased body
- Repatriation of a deceased body
For further information, please contact us:
- email: email@example.com
- tel: 01302 736900