Details of what you can put in your bins and box.
Coronavirus - Update
Help us to keep you and our collection staff safe by taking these simple precautions:
- please wash your hands before putting your bins out
- after putting them out wipe bin handles with soap and water, sanitiser sprays, alcohol wipes, normal cleaning agents or disinfectant.
- repeat the process after you've collected your bin from the kerbside, wiping the handles down well and washing your hands.
Anyone whose household is displaying symptoms of corona virus and self-isolating (even if not a confirmed case) must store their household waste for at least 72 hours before putting it out for collection in their black bin.
For more information about waste and recycling, including how you can maximise the available space in your bins and when your next collection is please choose from the links below. More information can also be found on line www.recyclenow.com
Types of collections and containers
We provide several different containers for different types of waste and recycling:
- Green bin for garden waste
- Black bin for rubbish
- Blue bin for recycling
- Green box for glass bottles and jars
On your collection day, please put your blue bin and green box out wherever your black and green bins are currently collected from, unless you receive a letter from the council telling you otherwise. Please ensure that your bins and boxes are put out for collection before 7am on the correct day and taken in when emptied.
If your bin hasn’t been emptied by 5pm on the collection day you can report a missed collection online by clicking on the button below:
Changes to collections
We can help with collections if you are unable to take your bin or box to the kerbside because of disability or ill health through our 'pull out service'.
More places to recycle
- tel: 01302 736000