We can help with collections if you are unable to take your bins and boxes to the kerbside because of disability or ill health through our 'pull out service'.
To be eligible to apply for this service:
- you must permanently live at the property for which the application is made
- you must have a genuine reason for not being able to take your bins and boxes to the normal collection point (the council reserves the right to request evidence of any infirmity or disability)
- there must not be another able bodied person aged 16 or over living at the property who could reasonably be expected to take the bins and boxes to the kerbside for collection
- the distance from where the property's bins and boxes are located to the normal collection point must be no more than 20 meters
and you must be able to provide evidence that you meet one of the following criteria:
- aged 80 or over
- have a registered disability (Blue Badge holder)
- in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (mobility or care at the high rate)
- in receipt of Attendance Allowance
- in receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- in receipt of free personal care
- not in receipt of any disability benefits, but can provide suitable documentary evidence of a disability
- elderly or frail with a written reference from a Carer or Healthcare Professional
- suffering from short or long term illness with a medical certificate or letter from a Hospital / Doctor confirming incapacity
- pregnant and living alone with no one able to offer support
- blind or visually impaired and living alone with no one able to offer support
If you do not provide evidence this will delay your application.
The Council will periodically review the assisted collection register, residents may need to confirm ongoing eligibility - the maximum review period is 2 years.
The assisted collection service is discretionary in all cases and the decision of the Waste and Recycling Officer to accept or reject an application or not to renew the service will be final.
- Apply for an assisted collection
- Renew an assisted collection
- Cancel an assisted collection
- Report a missed assisted collection