All the information you will need about your blue recycling bin.
When is my collection?
You can check when your collection day is by using the paper calendar that is delivered annually or by using the interactive calendar by clicking on the button below.
What should I do so my blue bin is collected?
- put your bin out to the edge of your property by 7am on your collection day and take it back in when emptied
- with the exception of any small electrical items, all waste must be presented inside your blue bin
- additional cardboard can be placed in a sturdy cardboard box at the side of the bin
- please ensure the lid is firmly closed to prevent littering
Report a missed collection
To report that your bin has not been collected on your scheduled collection day, please see our missed bin collection form.
What can I recycle in my blue bin?
You can put the items below in your blue bin.
You do not need to bag up the recycling separately, simply place it straight into the bin.
- paper (including shredded paper and envelopes except padded ones) but not wrapping paper, gift bags or books
- cardboard (large pieces should be broken up so they fit in), but not greetings cards with glitter, foil or ribbons
- empty aerosols
- plastic bottles and bottle lids. Please take the bottle lids off before putting them in your blue bin. The lids can also go into your blue bin
- lids from glass bottles and jars
Glass bottles and jars are collected from your green box.
Small electrical items (such as toasters or kettles) can be put in a plastic bag next to your blue bin or green box.
Other questions you may have
Why can I not put plastic pots, tubs and trays in my blue bin?
I have help with my collections, will I also get help with my blue bin?
Why do I need to put glass in my green box when everything else goes in my blue bin?
I use sacks or a small black bin for my waste which has been agreed with the Council, can I get a blue bin?
Where is my blue bin collected from?
My bin is damaged or missing - what do I do?
Have more questions or need help understanding the service?
If you've read all the information above and still need help, you can contact our customer services team by phoning 01302 736 000
- Blue bin FAQs
- Download (853KB - DOC)