Proud to Care - Careers in children's social care
In Doncaster, we are proud to care for our most vulnerable children and young people at a time when they need it the most, working restoratively to achieve the best outcome for the whole family.
We believe that every child and young person deserves the best possible start in life. We are investing in our social care workforce and providing our workers with the opportunities to develop their practice in supportive and nurturing teams.
Discover how you can join our team and make a difference to the lives of children, young people and families.
- Our Teams
- Your career
- Careers in children's residential care
- Living and working in Doncaster
- Help with relocation
- How to become a social worker
- View all vacancies and APPLY NOW
- Get in touch
In Doncaster, we want to support you so you can succeed and be your very best
We offer all our workers:
- A culture where the voices of our children and young people are at the heart of everything we do so you can make a difference to their lives
- Genuinely supportive teams, managed by experienced managers
- Great opportunities to progress your career
- Generous and flexible working packages – including options to join the local government pension scheme, competitive salaries and a minimum of 29 days per annum annual leave
- Family-friendly policies - including generous maternity, paternity and adoption entitlement
- A brilliant rewards and recognition package which offers you discounts on the high street and salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work and home technology
- The chance to work in the UK’s newest City!
In addition to small friendly and supportive teams, social workers can also benefit from:
- Competitive salary earning up to £41,513 with great opportunities to progress your career further through our clear progression framework
- Realistic caseloads, depending on role and experience, which we will monitor it to ensure they stay that way
- Strong links with our partner agencies, who are involved, active and accountable
- Tools and technology you need if you need to work agile
- Up to £7,700 to help you relocate and settle into area
Wanting a new career in children’s residential care?
We are offering a £2,000 welcome package to people who start a career in residential services, working as a Residential Care Officer. We will offer you a full induction, and training including pay for you to complete your QFC Level 3 in residential childcare. You can find full details of roles available on our 'Children's Social Care Vacancies' page.
Visit the following page for a full listing of our children’s social care vacancies
Talk to us about opportunities to work in Doncaster
If you share our commitment to delivering high quality services to achieve better outcomes for children, young people and families we would love to hear from you. Our team are ready to tell you more about working for in our social work teams and residential teams and what it is like to work here in Doncaster.
For more information or to arrange a chat with our team who will be happy to answer your questions email Proudtocarechildren@doncaster.gov.uk
To report a safeguarding concern with regard to a child at risk of abuse, please see the following page Safeguarding concern - child at risk.
For Adult Social Care Roles please see the following page: Proud to Care Doncaster.
Downloads & Resources
Display your introduction over featured image?: No