Doncaster Council's Energy Team provides free advice to residents to help them save energy and reduce their bills. We want to encourage as many people as possible to improve energy efficiency and cut carbon emissions. We do this by providing energy saving advice to help people make better choices and grant funding to help make homes more comfortable, warmer and safer to live in.
Switch your gas and electricity supplies
If your home needs wall, floor or loft insulation; or your boiler is old or faulty, you could apply for funding to help replace it.
Provides funding to install gas central heating for homeowners who experience ill health due to:
- Chronic Heart Condition,
- who don't have the finances to replace/repair a faulty central heating system or install it for the first time. Each case must be assessed by the Council's Energy Team.
- Call us on 01302 737053 or email email@example.com
Energy Company Obligation (ECO): Affordable Warmth
This grant is available to those receiving one of the following benefit:
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer's Allowance
- Child Benefit
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income Support
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Mobility Supplement
- Personal Independence Payment
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Tax Credits (Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credits)
- Universal Credit
Energy Company Obligation (ECO): Help to Heat scheme - flexible eligibility
This grant is available to those not on a means tested benefit.
As part of the current Energy Company Obligation (ECO), the Council is able to set a local criteria for homeowners and private rented tenants who would be classed as living in fuel poverty / on low income (£1484 per month household income once the mortgage or rent has been paid) or vulnerable to the effects of living in a cold home. Under this scheme both insulation and heating can be funded, but first requires a free survey to establish what is required and to confirm eligibility.
Green Homes Grant
- Covid-19 Information Hub
- Heating and Housing Benefits
- Citizens Advice
- For more information on saving energy and money, contact our energy team using the following details:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01302 737053
- Address: Doncaster Council, Civic Office, Waterdale, Doncaster, DN1 3BU