Is your green bin feeling lonely? You can now sign up to a new chargeable Green waste service for the collection of additional Green bins from your home.
Do you have more garden waste than one bin can handle?
Then why not take advantage of an extra green bin for all your extra garden waste for a small annual subscription charge. These will be collected on a fortnightly basis on the same day as the green bin is currently emptied between May and November 2019.
How to sign up
The annual service charge is £36 per year for the first additional bin and £27 for your further additional bins to be paid at the beginning of the service.
Our customer service advisor will need you to provide your name, your full address (in Doncaster) and a telephone number. You will be read a simplified version of our Terms and Conditions and if you wish to proceed you will need to provide a payment for your subscription. Please ensure you have your credit/debit card to hand before calling.
When will the additional bin arrive
The bin will be provided 2 working days after the payment has been taken.
When you sign up for an additional green bin collection, you will be accepting the following terms and conditions:
- You agree to pay Doncaster Council to collect your additional garden waste bin(s). The annual service charge is £36 per year for the first additional bin and £27 for your further additional bins. The service will operate between May to November 2019.
- All bins remain the property of Doncaster Council at all times and are supplied to you on a subscription basis; you are paying for the collection service only.
- The paid for garden waste collection service will be provided every 2 weeks between May and November on the same day that we collect your existing garden waste bin, please refer to your waste and recycling collection calendar
- You understand that there are no reductions for subscribing to the service part way through the year and you accept that you will not be entitled to a refund if you cease the additional service for any reason part way through the subscription period.
- You are aware that you may transfer the service to another address within Doncaster if you move home. The transfer of service is free of charge and you agree to provide the Council with 2 weeks’ notice of any transfer required
- You are aware that the service will not be provided until full payment is received. If your payment is rejected your collections will not commence and no additional bins will be delivered to your property.
- Before the start of each new subscription period you will be required to sign up and pay for the next subscription period. If you do not sign-up and make a further payment by the start of the new subscription period you will not receive any further additional green waste bin collections. Any additional bin(s) delivered to your property in the previous subscription period will be retrieved by the Council.
- The Council will arrange for the removal of your additional garden waste bin if you do not wish to renew the service for any reason
- You agree for Doncaster Council to keep your contact details on file to enable us to contact you about your subscription service. All personal data will be held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 and any subsequent amending legislation.
- Your additional garden waste bin(s) will be emptied on the normal scheduled collection day except where severe weather conditions or other critical operational issues stop the service from running. In such circumstances please leave your bin(s) accessible for collection and we will endeavour to return to empty your bin(s) as soon as practicable, normally the following day.
- You will be required to attach the proof of subscription permit(s) provided by the Council to the front of your additional bin(s). Permits must be visible to the collection crews on your collection day.
- You agree to display the most recent proof of subscription permit(s) only and to remove any permit(s) from previous subscription periods.
- Additional garden waste bins that do not display a valid proof of subscription will not be emptied. If your proof of subscription becomes detached or lost please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01302 736000.
- Your garden waste bin(s) should be presented for collection in an accessible location with the lid closed at the boundary of your property and the public highway by 7am on the day of collection. All bins should be returned back onto your property as soon as possible after emptying. We recommend storing permitted additional garden waste bins securely to avoid them being stolen.
- If you have already met the criteria for an assisted collection service this subscription only service will operate in the same manner.
- If we are unable to empty your additional garden waste bin because it wasn’t presented in accordance with these Terms and Conditions we will not return to empty it until the next scheduled collection. Your bin will be tagged explaining why it hasn’t been emptied on that occasion.
- You accept there will be no refunds if we are unable to collect your additional garden waste bin(s) due to a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- If your bin was presented in accordance with these Terms and Conditions but was not emptied by our collection crew please contact us before the end of the next working day to report a missed collection. You can do this online or by telephone 01302 736000.
Report a missed collection
- Genuine missed collections will be rectified on the next working day, please leave your bin(s) accessible for collection.
- If collections are suspended due to severe weather conditions or other critical operational issues we will endeavour to make a collection as soon as the service is operational again. However, if for reasons beyond our control we cannot return to empty your bin(s) before the next scheduled collection day we will not be able to offer any refunds for missed collections.
- If the collection crew are unable to fully empty an additional garden waste bin because some of the contents are frozen in the bottom of the bin we may not be able to return to empty it again because it is likely that several thousand bins will also be affected.
- If the collection crew report that a garden waste bin was contaminated at the time of collection (had the wrong items in it), we will not return before the next scheduled collection. You must remove any contamination so that the bin can be emptied the next time it is scheduled for collection.
- If the collection crew report that the bin was not presented in an accessible location when they came to empty it we will not be able to return until the next scheduled collection day. You agree to present your bin at the boundary of your property and the public highway by 7am on your scheduled collection day.
- The collection crew will not collect garden waste that is not securely contained within your wheeled bin (side waste) and will not empty bins that are overloaded or too heavy. Bins should be presented for collection at the correct time with the lid fully closed.
- If the collection crew report that a bin is too heavy or overloaded we will not return until the next scheduled collection. Please ensure that any excess waste is removed from the bin so it can be emptied the next time. If you regularly produce excess garden waste you may sign up for an additional bin.
Accepted material and contamination
- Garden waste bins MUST only be used for the following items:
• Grass cuttings
• Plants and weeds
• Shrub pruning’s, twigs and hedge clippings
• old or dead houseplants
- You agree to chop up any branches you place in your garden waste bin and to ensure that the lid of the bin is fully closed when presented for collection. You accept that leaves and plant matter should be loose and not contained in bags/sacks and that no branches greater than 2 inches in diameter should be placed in your garden waste bin(s)
- Garden waste bins MUST not contain the following items
• Soils, rocks and stones
• Sawdust or pet waste
• Food waste (including fruit and vegetable peelings)
• General Waste
• Bags or sacks of any kind
• Any other item unsuitable for composting
- If a bin is recorded as contaminated, you agree to remove the contamination prior to the next scheduled collection.