Funded childcare for eligible 2 year olds

What is this for?

To apply for a funded early education and childcare place for your 2 year old child. You can claim a place if you are in receipt and can provide evidence of one or more of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Child Tax Credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
  • Universal Credit and you have an annual income of under £15,400 after tax
  • Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Working Tax Credits and earn no more than £16,190 joint income a year
  • Your child has an education, health and care plan
  • Your family is in receipt of Disability Living Allowance for the child
  • A child who has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or child arrangements order

When should I see if my child is eligible?

If your child's 2nd birthday is on or between: Earliest date you can see if your eligible from:
1 January - 31 March  beginning of January 
1 April - 31 August  beginning of April
1 September - 31 December  beginning of September

Please do not make an application prior to the earliest date shown above.

What is it going to cost?


What we need from you

Please complete the form by selecting Do it Now and supply any supporting documentation which is requested within the form to

What you should expect from us

If you are successful you will receive an eligibility letter with a reference number to take to your chosen childcare provider. 

More information

Do it Now
Last updated: 04 December 2019 16:28:27