What is this for?
To apply for a funded early education and childcare place for your 2 year old child. You can claim a place if you are in receipt and can provide evidence of one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- Universal Credit and you have an annual income of under £15,400 after tax
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credits and earn no more than £16,190 joint income a year
- Your child has an education, health and care plan
- Your family is in receipt of Disability Living Allowance for the child
- A child who has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or child arrangements order
Two-year-old children in low income families are now able to take up a funded place when their parent(s) have one of the following types of immigration status:
- Zambrano carer (derivative right to reside in the UK under European law as the primary carer of a British child or dependent adult)
- Leave to remain with no recourse to public funds (NRPF) granted on family or private life (Article 8) grounds
- ‘Appeal rights exhausted’ (ARE) asylum seeker receiving asylum support from the Home Office under section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Parents who are Zambrano carers or who have leave to remain with NRPF, must also be able to demonstrate that they have a low income.
When should I see if my child is eligible?
|If your child's 2nd birthday is on or between:||Earliest date you can see if your eligible from:|
|1 January - 31 March||beginning of January|
|1 April - 31 August||beginning of April|
|1 September - 31 December||beginning of September|
Please do not make an application prior to the earliest date shown above.
What is it going to cost?
What we need from you
Please complete the form by selecting Do it Now and supply any supporting documentation which is requested within the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
What you should expect from us
If you are successful you will receive an eligibility letter with a reference number to take to your chosen childcare provider.