What is this for?
To request a collection of any large item in good working order that you think someone else could use. Items should be free of rips, stains, scratches or other damage and, in the case of upholstered items, should have "fire labels" still attached as it is not possible to re-sell such items without them.
Electrical items cannot be collected on a Bulky Collection for Re-use.
What is it going to cost?
Your items will be collected free of charge. However, if it is considered, by the collectors that the items are unsuitable they will be left.
What we need from you
- items should be presented for collection in an easily accessible location outside your property, but within your boundary, you will need to tell us where they will be
- items should be made available for collection by 7:30am on the day and will be collected by 5pm
- please ensure the item/s are covered, kept from being spoilt, are properly contained, of a manageable size and easily moved
- where possible items should be presented for collection in your front garden
- if the items are presented elsewhere, please ensure that they will fit down the side of your house, past any vehicles parked on your driveway and through any gates
- we are not able to collect items from inside your house
The council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand the Waste and Recycling - privacy notice, which sets out what you need to know about how we will use your information in the course of our work as a Waste Collection Authority.
What you should expect from us
There is no limit to the number of collections per year, but you can only book 8 items per order. Bookings are made one week in advance only.
We will collect the items on your bulky collection day between 7:30am and 5pm.
- all items must be within the boundary of your property
- we can only collect the exact items specified
- items collected using the bulky collection- reusable item service, will be collected and may be resold accordingly through Doncaster Refurnish
- we do not accept liability for any items left outside your home and do not accept responsibility if items are taken from outside your property prior to the collection date
Bulky Collection Service Terms and Conditions can be viewed by clicking on the attached download:
- Bulky Collection Service Terms and Conditions
- Download (121KB - PDF)