What is this for?
To request a collection of your unwanted bulky household items, such as furniture, electrical goods, carpets and mattresses - typically any bulky household item that you would take with if you were to move house and not fixtures or fittings.
What is it going to cost?
|Number of items||Standard Price||Benefit Price*|
*Benefit Price may be applied if you are in receipt of Local Council Tax Support and/or Housing benefit.
To confirm your eligibility for the reduced rate you will need to provide us with:
- your National Insurance Number,
- benefit reference number
- and postcode.
Please note that reduced rates do not necessarily apply to residents receiving Universal Credit (housing element) or those households entitled to the 25% reduction in Council Tax due to single person occupancy. Only those residents in receipt of the qualifying benefits are entitled to reduced rates.
What we need from you
We need you to place the item(s) you want collecting in an easily accessible location outside your home within the boundary of your property:
- items must be left in a clearly visible place in your yard or garden, not in a garage or out-building
- you need to tell us where the items will be left
- you need to list the items you want collecting
- all items listed for collection must be made available for collection by 7:30am on the scheduled day confirmed during your booking
- multiple small/loose items must be securely contained in a suitable bag to prevent spillage
- bags must be no larger than a standard refuse sack (60 Litres) and must be tied to prevent spillage
- items must be a manageable size and easily moved. Please ensure they will fit through your gate, down the side of your house or car etc
- if in doubt please leave the items in your front garden
- we are not able to collect items from inside your house
The council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand the Waste and Recycling - privacy notice, which sets out what you need to know about how we will use your information in the course of our work as a Waste Collection Authority.
What you should expect from us
We can collect up to 32 items per collection and no limit on the number of collections arranged. Examples of how the number of items is calculated is worked out in the following examples:
- shed - classed as 8 items
- dining table and 4 chairs - classed as 5 items
- dining table and 6 chairs - classed as 7 items
- 3 piece suite - classed as 3 items
- fence panel - classed as 1 item per panel
- wood - classed as 1 item per piece
We will collect the items on your bulky collection day between 7:00am and 5pm.
Bookings can only be made one week in advance.
- items must be easily manageable: Items must be of reasonable size and weight for 2 persons to manually lift unaided. Excessively large or heavy items will not be removed. If in doubt please call 01302 736000 before booking
- building waste including brick rubble and plasterboard, house fixtures and fittings eg a bathroom suite, garden waste eg soil, stones, hazardous waste, liquid waste, car tyres and car parts are not removed on this service
- we can only collect the exact items specified
- all items must be left within the boundary of your property
- if an item collected using the bulky collection service is considered to be reusable, that item may be resold accordingly through Doncaster Refurnish
- we do not accept liability for any items left outside your home and do not accept responsibility if items are taken from outside your property prior to the collection date
- refunds will be considered, however you must provide at least 1 working days notice
Bulky Collection Service Terms and Conditions can be viewed by clicking on the attached- -
- Bulky Collection Service Terms and Conditions
- Download (121KB - PDF)