The council is responsible for the feasibility, design, installation, maintenance, monitoring and control of traffic signal and related schemes.
More than one hundred signal controlled junctions and pedestrian crossings are in operation.
Strategic installations are centrally monitored and controlled by the council's Urban Traffic Control (UTC) system.
Traffic lights may be installed:
- because of possible traffic hazard
- to manage traffic flow from new developments, schools, leisure centres. (In some cases developers will finance new signals)
- use our online form below:
- telephone: 01302 736000 (Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5pm) or outside of these hours 01302 323444
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Traffic signals programme of works for 2020/21
Visit the following page for details of the 2020/21 Programme of Works for road safety and traffic signal site refurbishment schemes: Highways programme of works