This Privacy Notice sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information for the distribution of the Strategy & Performance Unit monthly funding newsletter, relevant funding newsflash information and Voluntary/Community/Faith newsletter
The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand this notice before submitting your information to us.
What information about you do we collect?
• Personal information - your name, company name (if applicable) and email address
How do we collect information about you?
How will your information be used?
The Legal Basis for using your information
The Council collects and uses information about you on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so. You may withdraw your consent and ask us not to use your information, to send you the Strategy & Performance Unit Monthly funding newsletter, any applicable funding newsflashes and/or the Voluntary/Community/Faith newsletter, at any time by contacting us via the following email addresses:
Strategy & Performance Unit Monthly funding newsletter and funding news flashes - firstname.lastname@example.org
Voluntary/Community/Faith newsletter - Community@doncaster.gov.uk
Who will your information be shared with?
How long will we keep your information?
• to be informed of our use of information about you;
• of access to information about you;
• rectify information about you that is inaccurate;
• to have your information erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
• to restrict how we use information about you;
• to move your information to a new service provider;
• to object to how we use information about you;
• not to have decisions made about you on the basis of automated decision making;
• to object to direct marketing; and,
• to complain about anything the Council does with your information (please see the ‘Complaints’ section below).
Some of the rights listed above apply only in certain situations, and some have a limited effect. Your rights are explained further in the Individuals’ Rights Procedure on our website, as is how to make a request under one or more of them.
You can request information about yourself by making a subject access request on this page of the Council’s website.
Changes to this privacy notice
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
• monitoring the Council’s compliance with data protection law;
• providing expert advice and guidance on data protection;
• acting as the point of contact for data subjects; and,
• co-operating and consulting with the Information Commissioner’s Office (see ‘Complaints’ below).
The Council’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at email@example.com
Alternatively, and if we have been unable to resolve your complaint, you can also refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights, and they can investigate and adjudicate on any data protection related concerns you raise with them. They can be contacted via the methods below:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office