Doncaster Council (the Council) uses information about you and your child to consider applications for admission to school, including school nursery classes and requests for school transfers. The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. This Notice sets out what you need to know about how we will use your information. You should make sure you read and understand this notice before submitting your information to us.
What information about you do we collect?
- personal information (such as: your name, your child’s name and date of birth, address, telephone number)
- special category personal information (such as: your ethnicity, information about your physical and mental health)
How do we collect information about you?
The legal basis for using your information
Who will your information be shared with?
- South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive (SYPTE)
- Your Councillor
- The NHS, GPs and other Medical Professionals
- The Doncaster Children’s Services Trust
- Other Internal Council teams including, SEND, Behaviour and Attendance, School Transport, Social Care teams.
- Relevant Schools, including maintained schools, academies and free schools
- Other Local Authorities who will process the application form
How long will we keep your information?
- to be informed of our use of information about you;
- of access to information about you;
- rectify information about you that is inaccurate;
- to have your information erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
- to restrict how we use information about you;
- to move your information to a new service provider;
- to object to how we use information about you;
- not to have decisions made about you on the basis of automated decision making;
- to object to direct marketing; and,
- to complain about anything the Council does with your information (please see the next section).
Data Protection Officer
- monitoring the Council’s compliance with data protection law;
- providing expert advice and guidance on data protection;
- acting as the point of contact for data subjects; and,
- co-operating and consulting with the Information Commissioner’s Office (see ‘Complaints’ below).
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.