The member support team provides administrative support to elected Members of Doncaster Council.
Find your councillor:
Contact your councillor using the following eform:
You can also find out who your local councillors are by calling 01302 734016/736712.
- councillor surgeries provide an opportunity for you to meet your ward councillors in person and to discuss local issues
- no appointment is necessary and people are seen on a first come first served basis
- details of councillor surgeries (including times and dates) can be found by clicking on the name of the relevant councillor, via the find your councillor page
The democratic make up:
Doncaster Metropolitan Borough is divided into 21 areas known as wards and each ward (depending on its size) is represented by 2 or 3 democratically elected councillors, also known as elected Members.
The current political make up of the Council is as follows:
- Labour 41 Councillors (including the elected Mayor)
- Conservatives 11
- Mexborough First 3
- Edlington and Warmsworth First 1
The Mayor and all Councillors serve a 4 year period of office.
Declaration of Interests
We keep records of Register of Interests and other interests relating to appointments to outside bodies and gifts and hospitality, if any, for each councillor.
The current Register of Interests for each councillor can be viewed under their individual profiles on the Council Chamber
Members allowance and member expense scheme
Elected members are entitled to:
- a basic allowance
- Special Responsibility (for holding particular positions)
- allowable expenses
Allowances are recommended by an Independent Remuneration Panel which is made up from members of the public.
Details of the Members' Allowance Scheme can be found in part 6 of the Council Constitution
We publish a retrospective list of allowances, travel and subsistence expenses claimed by our councillors each year, listed in the 'downloads and resources' section on this page.
MPs (Members of Parliament):
Allowances, travel and subsistence expenses claimed by our councillors:
Please see the Downloads and Resources section of this page for this information.
- Councillor Poster 2017-2021
- Download (1.35MB - PDF)
- Members Allowances, Travel and Subsistence - 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019
- Download (15KB - DOCX)
- Members Allowances, Travel and Subsistence 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018
- Download (123KB - DOC)
- Members Allowances, Travel Subsistence 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017
- Download (100KB - DOC)
- Members Allowances, Travel Subsistence 1st April 2015 to 31st March 2016
- Download (130KB - DOC)
- Members Allowances, Travel & Subsistence 2014-2015
- Download (96KB - PDF)
- Members Allowances, Travel & Subsistence 2013-2014
- Download (57KB - PDF)
- Members Allowances, Travel and Subsistence 2012 to 2013
- Download (55KB - PDF)
- Members Allowances, Travel & Subsistence 2011-2012
- Download (34KB - PDF)
- Members Allowances, Travel and Subsistance 2010-2011
- Download (34KB - PDF)
- Members Allowances, Travel & Subsistence 2009-2010
- Download (51KB - PDF)