This Privacy Notice sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information for the involvement of the Educational Psychology Service (EPS). The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand this notice before submitting your information to us.
What information about you do we collect?
- personal information about you as a parent/carer such as: your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, relationship to child
- personal information about your child, such as: name, details about learning needs, progress and attainment, and the involvement of other support professionals
- special category personal information about your child, such as: information about your child’s additional needs if appropriate to the involvement of the Educational Psychology Service
How do we collect information about you?
How will your information be used?
The Legal Basis for using your information
The law means that in order for the Educational Psychologist to engage with your child you have to give us the information we have asked for on this form. If you don’t give us this information then we will be unable to support your child or give advice to you or schools/settings. The table below sets out the legal basis for each of the activities that this Privacy Notice covers:
Provision of Education, Health &Care Plans
Provision of Support Plans
Provision of Family Plans
Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice: 0 to 25 years (2015)
Guidance on the special educational needs and disability (SEND) system for children and young people aged 0 to 25, from 1 September 2014
Children and Families Act 2014
Education Act 1996
Part IV Special educational needs
Chapter I Children with special educational needs
Who will your information be shared with?
For educational psychology matters we may need to share your information with:
- Relevant Council departments including Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)
- Doncaster Clinical Commissioning Group
- Doncaster Children’s Services Trust
- Educational Settings (schools, childminders, school nurseries, private day nurseries, post 16)
- Health Partners: Audiology, Implant Centres, Speech & Language Therapists, Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists and Paediatricians
The Council will never sell your information to anyone else.
How long will we keep your information?
- to be informed of our use of information about you;
- of access to information about you;
- rectify information about you that is inaccurate;
- to have your information erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
- to restrict how we use information about you;
- to move your information to a new service provider;
- to object to how we use information about you;
- not to have decisions made about you on the basis of automated decision making;
- to object to direct marketing; and,
- to complain about anything the Council does with your information (please see the ‘Complaints’ section below).
Changes to this privacy notice
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- monitoring the Council’s compliance with data protection law;
- providing expert advice and guidance on data protection;
- acting as the point of contact for data subjects; and,
- co-operating and consulting with the Information Commissioner’s Office (see ‘Complaints’ below).
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.