The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand this notice before submitting your information to us. This Privacy Notice sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information for the provision of funding to improve flood resilience in properties.
What information about you do we collect?
- Personal information – such as your name, address, telephone number, property details
How do we collect information about you?
How your information will be used
The funding is provided to DMBC from DEFRA. Information will be provided to DEFRA regarding your application and payment for statistical monitoring purposes and to ensure compliance with financial regulations and legislation.
If you are not eligible for grant funding from DEFRA, we will share your information with South Yorkshire Community Fund who may be able to provide other funding to you.
The Legal Basis for using your information
Who will your information be shared with?
We will also share your information with surveyors appointed by the Council and as detailed in the ‘How your information will be used’ section.
The Council will never sell your information to anyone else.
How long will we keep your information?
- to be informed of our use of information about you;
- of access to information about you;
- rectify information about you that is inaccurate;
- to have your information erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
- to restrict how we use information about you;
- to move your information to a new service provider;
- to object to how we use information about you;
- not to have decisions made about you on the basis of automated decision making;
- to object to direct marketing; and,
- to complain about anything the Council does with your information (please see the ‘Complaints’ section below).
Changes to this privacy notice
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- monitoring the Council’s compliance with data protection law;
- providing expert advice and guidance on data protection;
- acting as the point of contact for data subjects; and,
- co-operating and consulting with the Information Commissioner’s Office (see ‘Complaints’ below).
They can be contacted via the methods below:
- Website: www.ico.org.uk
- Telephone: 0303 123 1113
- Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.