This Privacy Notice sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information for the Community Wealth Builder Support Services. The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand this notice before submitting your information to us.
What information about you do we collect?
- personal information – such as: your name, address, telephone number, email address
- special category personal information – such as: your ethnicity, information about your physical and mental health
- Business information such as name, registered address, email address, company registration details
- Labour market status
- Duration of session
How do we collect information about you?
How will your information be used?
The Legal Basis for using your information
The table below sets out the legal basis for each of the activities that this Privacy Notice covers:
Personal Data Activity
Legal basis - GDPR Article 6
S8 DPA (delete as appropriate)
Name, address, telephone number, email address
(1)(e) to do so is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or in the exercise of official authority
(c) the exercise of a function conferred on a person by an enactment or rule of law,
(e) an activity that supports or promotes democratic engagement.
Health & Social Care Act 2012, Part 1
Special Category Data Activity
Legal basis - GDPR Article 9
DPA 2018 condition
Ethnicity, information about physical and mental health
(2)(i) processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health, such as protecting against serious cross-border threats to health or ensuring high standards of quality and safety of health care and of medicinal products or medical devices.
Part 1 of schedule 1
Who will your information be shared with?
For the Community Wealth Builders Project matters we may need to share your information with:
- The Project team
- Partner providers
- The Ministry for Housing Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
- Support Services where a referral has been received.
The Council will never sell your information to anyone else.
Transfers to countries other than the UK and outside of the EU
How long will we keep your information?
Time information kept for
Support records of clients paper and electronic
10-15 years as per the funder requirements
- to be informed of our use of information about you;
- of access to information about you;
- rectify information about you that is inaccurate;
- to have your information erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
- to restrict how we use information about you;
- to move your information to a new service provider;
- to object to how we use information about you;
- not to have decisions made about you on the basis of automated decision making;
- to object to direct marketing; and,
- to complain about anything the Council does with your information (please see the ‘Complaints’ section below).
Changes to this privacy notice
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- monitoring the Council’s compliance with data protection law;
- providing expert advice and guidance on data protection;
- acting as the point of contact for data subjects; and,
- co-operating and consulting with the Information Commissioner’s Office (see ‘Complaints’ below).
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.