Be Well @ Work - Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice sets out what you need to know about how the City of Doncaster Council (the Council) will use your information for the purpose of administering and managing the ‘Be Well @ Work’ Workplace Health Offer.
The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand this notice before submitting your information to us.
What information about you do we collect?
personal information – such as: your name, address, telephone number
How do we collect information about you?
How will your information be used?
We may also use your information to signpost you to a range of Health and Wellbeing information and resources, health campaigns, webinars, advice leaflets and services, with your consent.
The Legal Basis for using your information
The Council collects and uses information about you for signposting purposes on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so. You may withdraw your consent and ask us not to use information about you for this purpose, by emailing: Carol.firstname.lastname@example.org
To process your data for other purposes, such as to process application forms, the Council relies on UK GDPR Article 6 1(e) to do so is necessary for the performance of a public task.
Who will your information be shared with?
• South Yorkshire Workplace Health Advisor’s
• Public Health colleagues for signposting purposes (with your consent)
In certain cases we may also share your information with other individuals and organisations. For example, if the sharing would help with a safeguarding issue, or help prevent a crime. Sometimes, we might share your information without your knowledge.
The Council will never sell your information to anyone else.
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep your information for only so long as is necessary – the table below sets out typical timescales for each activity:
|Activity||Time information kept for|
Business Contact List
|Life of the Workplace Health Offer or until superseded or removal is requested.|
|Be Well @ Work Award Application Forms||2 Years|
• to be informed of our use of information about you;
• of access to information about you;
• rectify information about you that is inaccurate;
• to have your information erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
• to restrict how we use information about you; to move your information to a new service provider;
• to object to how we use information about you; not to have decisions made about you on the basis of automated decision making; to object to direct marketing; and,
• to complain about anything the Council does with your information (please see the ‘Complaints’ section below).
Some of the rights listed above apply only in certain situations, and some have a limited effect. Your rights are explained further in the Individuals’ Rights Procedure on our website, as is how to make a request under one or more of them.
You can request information about yourself by making a right of access request on the Council’s website: www.doncaster.gov.uk/services/the-council-democracy/data-protection-policy
Changes to this privacy notice
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
• monitoring the Council’s compliance with data protection law;
• providing expert advice and guidance on data protection;
• acting as the point of contact for data subjects; and,
• co-operating and consulting with the Information Commissioner’s Office (see ‘Complaints’ below).
The Council’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at: email@example.com
Alternatively, and if we have been unable to resolve your complaint, you can also refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights, and they can investigate and adjudicate on any data protection related concerns you raise with them. They can be contacted via the methods below:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Downloads & Resources
Display your introduction over featured image?: No