This Privacy Notice sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information for the purpose of allocating you an allotment, and the management of your tenancy. The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand this notice before submitting your information to us.
What information about you do we collect?
- personal information – such as: your name, address, telephone number
- special category personal information – such as: information about your physical and mental health – we wouldn’t routinely ask for this information. However we may ask for it later on in some cases, for example, if / when you become a tenant and where your health is affecting your ability to maintain your plot.
How do we collect information about you?
How will your information be used?
The Legal Basis for using your information
Personal Data Activity
Legal basis - GDPR Article 6
S8 DPA (delete as appropriate)
Allotment Application and management
(1)(b) Because to do so is necessary to take steps at your request to enter into a contract for this service, or for the performance of a contract to which you are party.
Allotments Act 1950
(1)(e) to do so is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or in the exercise of official authority
Health and Social Care Act 1012
Special Category Data Activity
Legal basis - GDPR Article 9
DPA 2018 condition
(2)(g) processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, on the basis of Union or Member State law which shall be proportionate to the aim pursued, respect the essence of the right to data protection and provide for suitable and specific measures to safeguard the fundamental rights and the interests of the data subject.
Part 1 of schedule 1
Who will your information be shared with?
For the Allotment Service we will share your information with:
- The Allotments Officer
- The relevant Allotment Association and Site Secretary for the site(s) to which you have applied
The Council will never sell your information to anyone else.
How long will we keep your information?
Time information kept for
Allotment Application & Allotment Tenancy
If / when you are allocated an allotment your details will be held for the duration of your tenancy and for a period of no longer than 2 years from the date your tenancy ends
- to be informed of our use of information about you;
- of access to information about you;
- rectify information about you that is inaccurate;
- to have your information erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
- to restrict how we use information about you;
- to move your information to a new service provider;
- to object to how we use information about you;
- not to have decisions made about you on the basis of automated decision making;
- to object to direct marketing; and,
- to complain about anything the Council does with your information (please see the ‘Complaints’ section below).
Changes to this privacy notice
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- monitoring the Council’s compliance with data protection law;
- providing expert advice and guidance on data protection;
- acting as the point of contact for data subjects; and,
- co-operating and consulting with the Information Commissioner’s Office (see ‘Complaints’ below).
The ICO is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights, and they can investigate and adjudicate on any data protection related concerns you raise with them. They can be contacted via the methods below:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF