Doncaster has a great range of clubs, activities and events to offer you and your family. With award winning attractions, local parks, days out, and support through our family hubs - there are plenty of places to talk with other adults and encourage children to play, make friends and learn.
Doncaster Family Hubs are the 'place to go'. Working with other providers to offer a range of activities, services and information for you and your family. Families are welcome with children of all ages- from conception, through childhood to adolescence and even older if your child has a special need.
- day care and early learning to schools and education
- midwives to health visitors and mental health
- advice on parenting to family support
- adult learning to employment opportunities.
All of these and much more can be found at our family hubs.
Doncaster has two purpose built youth centres, one located in the Bentley area and the other in Denaby Main area. Each centre has a wide range of facilities for children and young people to enjoy, learn and thrive in.
Myplace centres are designed for children and young people to be offered access to a wide range of advice and support services. Each centre has been designed to meet the needs of local people. Myplace centres are committed to helping children and young people to become happy, independent, mature citizens and responsible members of their communities.
Parent and Toddler Groups
Parent and toddler groups, also known as playgroups, provide a safe place for parents and carers with babies and young children to meet while their children play. You can find your nearest parent and toddler group through our interactive map.
Activities and Days Out for Families in Doncaster
Doncaster has a wide range of activities available for families, children and young people to enjoy.
Parks and Outdoor Spaces
There are lots of great parks and outdoor spaces in Doncaster. The borough's major parks and outdoor spaces have a wide range of things to see and do including:
- places to play, including toddler and junior play areas and playing fields
- sports facilities including tennis courts, sports pitches, multi-use games areas and bowling greens
- places to enjoy a sit and a bite to eat, from cafés to picnic areas
- wide open spaces and beautiful scenery to enjoy on various walking routes and nature walks
Doncaster leisure centres offers a diverse range of health, fitness, leisure and entertainment activities including:
- Swimming pools and classes
- Water Slides
- Play areas
- Sports pitches
- Indoor gyms
To find out more about your closest leisure centre and the activities offered, visit the Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust website.
Did you know that there are 25 libraries in Doncaster? All of the libraries have a children’s section and they often run a range fun activities, crafts and story-telling. You can also use the computers to access the internet.
The new Danum Gallery, Library and Museum offers a great selection of children’s books to choose from as well as story time and rhyme time performances at the reading stage. The Children’s Library also has dedicated computers and five Kindles for younger readers. The Go Create area is a space for children and young people to get creative with colouring supplies, Lego™, and other fun activities.
To find out more about events and activities at your local library, visit the Doncaster Libraries website.
Museums and Galleries
Museums and galleries offer affordable fun days out for all of the family to enjoy.
Why not visit the Danum Gallery, Library and Museum? The new building is home to the following:
- The children’s and adult lending libraries
- Museum packed with fascinating collections
- Art Gallery full of impressive works some loaned from the likes of the British Museum.
- King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry Museum
- Rail Heritage Centre showcasing memorabilia from the Doncaster Grammar School Railway Collection and two locomotive engines - No.251 and Green Arrow
- A high quality education space
- A cafe
- Training, meeting and conference facilities
100 THiNGS Before 11
The Doncaster Things have lots of ideas for all the ‘things’ you can do right here in Doncaster with your family and friends. Whether it’s something creative, adventurous or historical- you can find lots of great activities to keep the whole family entertained as well as a list of 100 things to do in Doncaster before you turn 11!
For year round updates, you can follow the Doncaster Things Facebook page.
Cast, Doncaster’s theatre, offers lots of great activities and performances throughout the year! There is always lots to discover and do to keep the family busy. Find out more on the Cast website.
Discover all that Doncaster has to offer on the Visit Doncaster website. With all the latest events, news on attractions and hidden gems of history and heritage, this is the one-stop place to go for things to do in the borough.
Rediscover the unexpected with a visit to take in Doncaster’s centuries old history. See how the industrial hinterland of Doncaster has been transformed into a patchwork of wildlife-rich, green spaces. Explore the charming market towns and villages that surround Doncaster, each with their own individual character.
Get Doncaster Moving
Get Doncaster Moving supports Doncaster's communities to be physically active, healthy and vibrant. It's a partnership of people, groups, organisations and businesses who work together on these shared goals.
What does get Doncaster Moving do?
- Run campaigns to encourage residents to #GetDoncasterMoving
- Provide information, advice and guidance to those residents who are looking to get active
- Support sports clubs and groups
- Fund residents and groups to test ideas in their communities that look to increase activity levels through our active communities grant
Days Out With Kids
For lots of fun activities that will keep the whole family entertained, Days Out With Kids have a catalogue of all the great attractions that are available throughout Doncaster and beyond!
Mumbler is a great resource to help find events and activities that are going on throughout Doncaster. Whether you’re looking for free and low-cost fun or a big day out, Mumbler has lots of resources to plan some great family fun.
Activities Near You
You can also search for activities specifically for young people on the Expect Youth website.