Parks and gardens of Local Historic Interest were identified as part of the Doncaster Unitary Development Plan and were reviewed in 2013.
The supporting policies and background details were updated in 2018 to reflect the changes in national and local policy framework that have happened since. The analysis, including the criteria for assessment, the proposed boundaries, and individual assessments of heritage significance remain the same. The updated report and appendices can be viewed below:
- Report and Appendices I-VI (update 2018)
- Download (3.67MB - PDF)
- Appendix VII - part 1 (Bawtry to Cusworth)
- Download (6.59MB - PDF)
- Appendix VII - part 2 (Edlington to Hyde Park)
- Download (6.5MB - PDF)
- Appendix VII - part 3 (Memorial Park, Thorne to St Catherine's)
- Download (5.84MB - PDF)
- Appendix VII - part 4 (The Park, Adwick to Wyndthorpe)
- Download (5.15MB - PDF)
- Appendix VIII - part 1
- Download (5.95MB - PDF)
- Appendix VIII - part 2
- Download (7.07MB - PDF)
- Appendix VIII - part 3
- Download (5.76MB - PDF)
To view the locations of Doncaster's Registered Parks and Gardens, please see the Heritage map.
More information about Local Parks and Gardens and those on the national register (Parks and Gardens of Special Interest) can be found at Registered parks and gardens.
Please note - The fact that a park or garden is registered as either Special or Local Interest does not mean that there is public right of access.
Looking for a list of parks in Doncaster?
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 01302 734922 or 735199