The Community Hub is a telephone and email support service to help the most vulnerable in our community many of whom are doubly isolated due to the Coronavirus. It is not a physical presence for the public but is a collection of activities and support which has operated since March.
Who does the Community Hub support?
The Community Hub is here to support vulnerable people in our community who have no other form of support, such as:
- People over 70 who have no other support
- Those with underlying health conditions who cannot get out and have no one else to help
- Carers where they have no other support and cannot get out
- Families \ parents with a child in need or in crisis who have no other support and are unable to get out
What can the Community Hub help with?
The hub is working in partnership with organisations across Doncaster and can offer assistance with:
- St Leger Tenancy support
- Mental Health support
- Befriending opportunities
- Signposting to food banks
- Support for Veterans
- Financial advice
- Benefits support
- Online activities
- Disability support and advice
- Bereavement counselling
Contacting the Community Hub
Anyone who needs help and has no other support can ring the Helpline or email the Hub 7 days a week, Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday and Sunday 8am to 6pm.
You can refer anyone into the Hub if you feel that they are vulnerable, need support and have no one else to support them.
The Hub is run by the Social Isolation Alliance (SIA), a partnership with the Council,Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust (DCLT), Age UKDoncaster, St Leger Homes, South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service and many other voluntary and community sector partners.DCLT are managing the helpline. Please feed in any compliments or complaints about the service so that we can address these directly.