One of the largest parks in Doncaster; home to beautiful scenery, a variety of facilities and a fantastic volunteer group. Sandall Park has been awarded the Green Flag Award for parks 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Things to see and do at Sandall Park
- places to play including toddler and junior play areas with a zip-wire and climbing frame, playing fields and a new woodland adventure play area
- a range of sports facilities including outdoor gym equipment, basketball post and football pitches (visit our football pitches for booking information)
- picnic areas and the Sandall Park Cafe, open 7 days a week from early morning to late afternoon
- beautiful scenery including a large lake (formerly the boating lake), a smaller pond, wildflower areas, a variety of wildlife and woodland areas
- areas for angling
- memorial benches, apply for a memorial
Activities and clubs
Please see the group's Facebook page, Sandall Park Angling Club, for more information.
Friends of Sandall Park
This volunteer group have information about fitness trails, a sensory trail and lots more about the park. They also have details of events at the park.
Find out more at Friends of Sandall Park
This 5km takes place every Saturday at the park, and is a great way to help you keep fit and active. For more information, visit Doncaster parkrun.
Clay Lane Fit and Fun Walk
At just over a mile (about 2,400 steps), the Clay Lane Fit and Fun Walk is a nice gentle walk. The route is opposite to the park: a perfect detour once you've finished your walk.
For more on this walk, visit our walking in Doncaster page.
The park offers regular free cycle training if you're looking to practise cycling outdoors.
For training times, booking information and more about cycling visit Get Involved in Cycling.
Getting to the park
The park is on Thorne Road, 4 miles from the town centre (opposite KFC), postcode DN2 5DW.
In terms of parking, there's a car park next to the toilets and another next to the café. There is also parking on Barnby Dun Road, opposite the play area. If there are large events on in the park (sponsored runs or large concerts) there is on-road parking available on the industrial estates behind McDonalds, or off Leger Way on to Shaw Wood Way.
If you're getting to the park by bus, use the Travel South Yorkshire journey planner and enter where you're going from and to (Sandall Park).
For a full view and postcode of the park, check out the following Google Maps view:
Parks and outdoor spaces
For a list of parks and outdoor spaces in Doncaster, how to report an issue and how to apply for a memorial in one of these spaces, visit our parks and outdoor spaces page.