Whether it's seeing Doncaster's only public bird aviary, or strolling through the historic Dell gardens, there's lots to do at Hexthorpe Park.
Due to Covid-19 (Coronavirus), we have installed signage and performed visual safety checks to ensure that play equipment, outdoor gym equipment, multi-use games areas and skate parks are open on a restricted basis.
Please respect other visitors - do not visit if you have any symptoms, adhere to social distancing guidance and use your own hand sanitiser regularly.
Please respect the park – take your litter home with you or use the bins provided and pick up waste after your dog.
You can continue to use green spaces responsibly, please adhere to social distancing and Government guidance as detailed below.
Things to see and do at Hexthorpe Park
The park has a wide range of things to see and do, including:
- places to play including toddler and junior play areas, natural play areas and a playing field
- lots of sports and exercise facilities including a multi-use games area, skate park, BMX track, tennis courts and a basketball post
- other sports and exercise areas include a bowling green and sports pitches (visit our cricket pitches, football pitches and bowling green pages for booking information)
- places to enjoy a sit and a bite to eat including The Dell Café, picnic areas and teen sheltered seating
- beautiful scenery including woodlands and The Dell, a garden of special interest
- the borough's only public aviary, where you can see a wide range of birds
- nature walks throughout the park
- excellent access to walks along the River Don meeting up with the Trans Pennine Trail or Sprotbrough Falls
- a two mile fit and fun walk starting and finishing at the park. For the full route, visit our walking in Doncaster page
- cultural landmarks including a public sculpture/memorial and bandstand
Getting to the park
The park is next to Bramworth Road, postcode DN4 0HY.
Whilst the park doesn't have its own car park, you can use Travel South Yorkshire's journey planner if you're travelling to the park by bus. To do so, just enter where you're going from and to (Hexthorpe Flatts Park).
To see the park and the surrounding area, check out the following Google Maps view:
Parks and outdoor spaces
For a list of parks and outdoor spaces in Doncaster, how to report an issue and how to apply for a memorial in one of these spaces, visit our parks and outdoor spaces page.