Whether it's seeing Doncaster's only public bird aviary, or strolling through the historic Dell gardens, there's lots to do at Hexthorpe Park.
Owing to Covid-19 (Coronavirus), please note that although play areas, outdoor gyms, sports facilities, walking routes and nature walks are open; social distancing must be followed in all these areas.
Please respect the park – take your litter home with you or use the bins provided, and pick up waste after your dog.
You can continue to use green spaces responsibly. Please respect other visitors - do not visit if you have any symptoms; use your own hand sanitiser regularly, and adhere to government guidance.
Things to see and do at Hexthorpe Park
The park has a wide range of things to see and do, including:
- places to play including toddler and junior play areas, natural play areas and a playing field
- lots of sports and exercise facilities including a multi-use games area, skate park, BMX track, tennis courts and a basketball post
- other sports and exercise areas include a bowling green and sports pitches (visit our football pitches and bowling green pages for booking information)
- places to enjoy a sit and a bite to eat including The Dell Café, picnic areas and teen sheltered seating
- beautiful scenery including woodlands and The Dell, a garden of special interest
- the borough's only public aviary
- nature walks throughout the park
- excellent access to walks along the River Don meeting up with the Trans-Pennine Trail or Sprotbrough Falls
- a two mile fit and fun walk starting and finishing at the park. For the full route, visit our walking in Doncaster page
- cultural landmarks including a public sculpture/memorial and bandstand
Hexthorpe Park is home to Doncaster Rowing Club
Volunteer to be a Friend of Hexthorpe Park
Getting to the park
The park is next to Greenfield Lane and Bramworth Road, postcode DN4 0HY.
There is a small car park accessed by turning down a track to the left of the main park gates opposite the primary school on the corner of Greenfield Lane.
If you're getting to the park by bus use the Travel South Yorkshire journey planner if you're travelling to the park by bus. To do so, just enter where you're going from and to (Hexthorpe Flatts Park).
To see the park and the surrounding area, check out the following Google Maps view:
Parks and outdoor spaces
For a list of parks and outdoor spaces in Doncaster, how to report an issue and how to apply for a memorial in one of these spaces, visit our parks and outdoor spaces page.