A short walk from the town centre, Elmfield Park is a great place for a stroll, keeping the little ones busy or enjoying some exercise. Improvements to the entrance areas, the rose garden, footpaths and tennis courts will be taking place in early 2021, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause whilst undertaking the works.
Owing to Covid-19 (Coronavirus), please note that although play areas, outdoor gyms, sports facilities, walking routes and nature walks are open; social distancing must be followed in all these areas.
Please respect the park – take your litter home with you or use the bins provided, and pick up waste after your dog.
You can continue to use green spaces responsibly. Please respect other visitors - do not visit if you have any symptoms; use your own hand sanitiser regularly, and adhere to government guidance.
Things to see and do at Elmfield Park
- places to play including toddler and junior play areas and a playing field
- picnic areas
- sports facilities including tennis courts, multi-use games area, table tennis table, Teqball table and football pitches (visit our football pitches page for booking information)
- teen sheltered seating
- bowling green (visit our bowling green page for booking information)
- walking routes throughout the park
- a 2 mile gentle walk starting at the park. For the full route, visit our walking in Doncaster page
- public sculpture/memorial
Elmfield Park is home to Hyde Park Knights JFC
Volunteer to be a Friend of Elmfield Park
Getting to the park
The park is between Chequer Road (postcode DN1 2AN) and Roman Road (postcode DN2 6AA).
Whilst the park doesn't have its own car park, you can use the Travel South Yorkshire journey planner if you're travelling by bus. To do so, just enter where you're going from and to (Elmfield Park).
To see the park and the surrounding area, check out the following Google Maps view:
Parks and outdoor spaces
For a list of parks and outdoor spaces in Doncaster, how to report an issue and how to apply for a memorial in one of these spaces, visit our parks and outdoor spaces page.