A change of name deed is a legally recognised document to demonstrate that your name has changed.
- the cost for a change of name deed is £50 and this is payable when you book your appointment
- further copies may be obtained for £15
Anyone in the UK is entitled to change their name if they wish. However, many official bodies, such as bank and building societies, will require a change of name deed to accept the change.
For legal reasons we will only consider applications for change of name from British citizens over the age of 18. Anyone else is advised to consult a solicitor.
Please note that you may not change your name:
- in order to commit an illegal act, such as fraud or identity theft
- to something that may be considered rude or offensive
- to imply or include a title, such as Lord, Lady, Duke or Duchess
- to something that includes numbers or symbols
Before you change your name you should check that it will be acceptable to your employer or any professional body that you may be a member of.
For further information, please contact us:
- email: email@example.com
- tel: 01302 735222
- address: The Register Office, Civic Office, Waterdale, Doncaster, DN1 3BU