The Blue Badge Scheme is designed to help and improve parking accessibility for people with disabilities and non visible conditions.
Who can have a blue badge?
You will be awarded a blue badge without the need for further assessment if you meet any of the following criteria and can provide proof:
- You are registered as Blind (severely sight Impaired).
- You will need to supply a copy of your Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI), if you are registered with Doncaster Council you do not need to provide this proof.
- You receive the Higher Rate Mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance.
- You need to supply a copy of your letter of entitlement dated within the last 12 months showing your name and address, if you don’t have this letter or it is out of date, please contact the Department for Wok and Pensions on 0800 121 4600 to request a replacement.
- You receive Personal Independence Payments and have been awarded 8 points or more in the Moving Around category.
- Personal Independence Payment, in the Planning and Following a Journey component, and have been specifically awarded 10 points under descriptor of cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress.
- You need to supply a copy of your letter of entitlement dated within the last 12 months showing your name, address, end date of your benefit and your moving around score. If you don’t have this letter or it is out of date, please contact the Department for Work & Pensions on 0800 121 4433 to request a replacement.
- You receive a war Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement.
- You need to supply a copy of your letter from the Service Personnel Veterans Agency (SPVA) or Veterans UK. If you do not have this letter, please call 08081 914 218 to request a replacement.
- You receive a lump sum benefit under the Armed Forces and Reserved Forces (Compensation) Scheme within tariff levels 1-8 and have been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability that causes inability, or considerable difficulty, to walk.
- You need to supply a copy of your award letter from the SPVA or Veterans UK. If you do not have this letter, please call them on 08081 914 218 to request a replacement.
For more details on the non visible criteria, information can be found at using the following link
You may still apply for blue badge if you do not meet any of the above. You can apply under the following criteria if:
- You have a permanent and substantial disability that causes inability, or considerable difficulty, walking.
- You will need to supply medical evidence to support your application, i.e. a patient summary from your GP Practice or recent consultant letters.
- You drive a vehicle regularly and have a severe disability in both arms, causing difficulty or inability in operating some parking meters.
- You will need to supply signed evidence from your GP or consultant stating that this is correct, or a copy of your insurance details if you drive a specially adapted vehicle, and a copy of your driving licence.
- You have a child under three-years-old who must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment that cannot be carried around with the child without great difficulty.
- You have a child under three-years-old, who on account of a condition, must always be kept near a motor vehicle so the child can be taken quickly to a place where treatment can be given.
- You will need to provide a letter from a health care professional that has been involved in your child’s treatment, giving details of the medical condition and the type of medical equipment they need.
When your application has been assessed you may be invited to attend an In Person Assessment (IPA) with an Occupational Therapist. This is to assess your mobility not your general health, to ensure you meet the criteria set out by the Department for Transport.
How to apply or renew a blue badge
If you believe that you may qualify for a blue badge, please use the following online application link: You will be required to make a £10.00 payment which will be refunded if your application is unsuccessful.
- In Person: The One Stop Shop, Civic Office, Waterdale, Doncaster, DN1 3BU
- Email: email@example.com
Organisations whose responsibility includes the care and transportation of disabled people who would themselves meet the eligibility criteria can apply for an organisational blue badge by contacting Customer Services.
Lost, stolen or damaged Blue Badge
If your blue badge is lost, stolen or damaged, please contact Customer Services to obtain a replacement badge at a cost of £10.