Apply for a Carer or Care Worker discount

What is this for?

To apply for a Carer or Care Worker discount on your Council Tax.

A Carer is a person who lives with and cares for an elderly or disabled person, whilst a Care Worker is a person who is employed to care for an elderly or disabled person.

Before applying, please check Care related Council Tax discounts page for more information about the qualifying criteria.

What is it going to cost?


What we need from you

We will ask you to register for a MyDoncaster account if you haven’t already. This will allow you to track your enquiry, and for us to tell you the outcome of your request. You will also be able to access additional online services offered by us.

You will need to supply your Council Tax account and Property Reference number to submit your request. These can be found on your bill. 

We will also ask you details about your household, the carer or Care worker, and the person being cared for.

What you should expect from us

Once submitted, we will decide if you are entitled to any reduction within 21 days. If successful, you will be issued with a new Council Tax bill showing your reduction. We may need to contact you if we cannot give you a reduction, or if further information is required to process your application.

More information

Privacy Notice 
The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand the Council Tax privacy notice, which sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information in the course of our work.

Do it Now
Last updated: 06 February 2024 14:28:01