A training programme is available that offers a variety of courses covering issues involved in the roles and responsibilities of Governing Bodies.
Governor Training Programme
Governor training courses are available via the Buy Doncaster website
Please note this is currently being reviewed.
e-Learning for Governors
The National Governance Association (NGA) is partnering with Virtual College, one of the UK's top e-learning providers, to deliver an innovative e-learning portal for Governors, Trustees and Clerks for those schools which buy into the Governance traded service.
1. Open the following link:
2. Add your details to the self-registration form in the following order:
- Your first name
- Your last name
- Your email
- Your phone number (optional)
- Your governance role title (optional)
- Your school or academy – use the search box and make sure to select the right one using the postcode*
3. Click the green register button to submit your application for approval.
4. Approval is not immediate and you must wait for email confirmation of approval. It can take time to receive this email particularly if your application is submitted over
a weekend or in the evening.
5. Your confirmation email will be sent to you. Once you receive your email confirmation, which includes your login details you can login to Learning Link and start
to use it whenever you want to.
* If your school or academy is not listed, it may not be signed up to Learning Link. In this case please select the “My group has not been listed” box and an email will come through to us so that we can contact you.
Learning Link supplements rather than replaces conventional face-to-face training days and provides the opportunity to request further training or information and support.
For further information, please contact us:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 01302 737111 or 737193 or 737194
Back to School Governors main page.