How you can receive help with school trips
Parents who are in receipt of certain benefit payments, at the time of the school trip, may be eligible for the reimbursement of the board and lodging cost element of the trip.
Please note: In the case of Academy/Independent Schools the school is responsible for the reimbursement not the Local Authority.
Parents must be in receipt of one of the following benefits at the time the visit takes place:
- Free School Meals
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, where the parent is not entitled to Working Tax Credit, and whose annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16,190
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- An income related employment and support allowance that was introduced on 27 October 2008
Parents should contact their child’s school in order to obtain the necessary form. This completed form should be submitted to staff at the child’s school. Proof of receipt of one of the above benefit payments will also need to be shown to school staff in order for the form to be certified as eligible.
Further information can be obtained from the Pupil Support and Transport Team on:
- email TransportandPupilSupport@doncaster.gov.uk
- tel: 01302 737220