Doncaster Youth Council is a diverse group of local young people aged 11-19, who want to ensure the voices of young people in Doncaster are heard. We work to ensure young people have a say in the decisions that are made within Doncaster.
What we do
- We provide a forum for young people to have a voice on the things that matter
- We represent and communicate the views of young people to the decision makers and the wider community
- We raise the profile of young people in a positive way
- We encourage young people to be good citizens so they act with understanding and communicate between themselves and their communities.
- We highlight the issues affecting young people
To become a Youth Councillor here's what you need to know:
What the role involves
- Representing the views of young people living in Doncaster
- Sharing ideas and campaigning for change on the issues that matter
- Organising and attending meetings
- Meet with decision makers
- Attend local, regional and national meetings.
- Members sit on the Youth Council for a 2 year term
Skills you might need
There aren't any specific skills or qualifications needed to become a Youth Councillor as training will be provided, but it may help if you are:
What's in it for you
This is a chance for you to make a difference by getting involved in a range of different opportunities. On this journey you will meet new people and visit new places whilst working to improve the lives of young people in Doncaster.
Doncaster Youth Council Elections 2019
- Applications can be made between 14th-30th January 2019 (Some Schools may have an agreed extension date)
- Candidates receive a manifesto to campaign themselves after the closing date (Campaign Week)
- Youth Council Elections will take place the following week across most Secondary Schools
- Elected members will be invited to attend the initial Youth Council meeting at Doncaster Council, Civic Office
To apply to become a member of Doncaster Youth Council either:
- Complete the online application form via the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1A3ehZBe567_-HExU2aGGyjfLClW0dicmVryemPA7lWU/edit?safe=strict
- Ask your School for an application form, complete it and hand back in to your Teacher or School Reception
Get in touch
If you would to speak to someone regarding the Doncaster Youth Council please contact either Deborah Burton on 01302 862493 or Mandy Burns on 01302 737061. Alternatively email us on Youth.Council@doncaster.gov.uk
You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
- Youth Council Elections 2019
- Download (210KB - DOCX)