Digital Skills Courses
It is estimated that one in five adults lack the basic digital skills they need for everyday life and work. Adult Family Community Learning offer a range of digital skills courses, from beginner through to a Level 1 accreditation.
Basic Digital Skills
We offer a range of different digital skills courses aimed at those who have never used a computer before or simply want to improve their skills. Do you want to improve your smart phone photography or get more out of your tablet? We have short courses to help you with your needs.
Essential Digital Skills Qualification
The EDSQ course is an accredited course designed around the digital skills for life and work. It is a 45 hour course covering the 5 national digital skills areas:
Using devices and handling information
Creating & Editing
Being Safe & Responsible Online
During the course of the academic year students will cover a variety of activities relatable to real world situations.
· Microsoft Word will be used to write a letter and C.V, including the use of formatting tools, table insertion and basic picture formatting.
· Create a PowerPoint presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint by expanding on the transferable skills learned using Microsoft Word.
· Using Google Chrome to perform searches for products online, then use more advanced techniques to narrow down searches and compare results
· An introduction to using Microsoft Excel for creating spreadsheets, creating calculations and producing relevant graphs. This can be made relatable by using the application to produce a comparison of product features to make a purchasing decision.
· Using email to communicate online to a variety of recipients.
· Learning how to video call using Microsoft Teams and WhatsApp.
We are currently taking enquires for September 2023, contact us today to start your journey.
- Email: email@example.com
Downloads & Resources
Display your introduction over featured image?: No