Virtual School Children in Care team
Doncaster Virtual School - Children in Care team The Virtual School isn't a real school in a building of its own. It is the team of professionals who monitor the educational offer for children in care.
Doncaster Virtual School - CiC
Although the majority of Children in care in Doncaster attend Doncaster Schools some attend schools in other boroughs throughout England, Scotland and Wales. The Virtual School works together with the schools to make sure Children in care in Doncaster make progress and achieve their educational goals.
We expect that every Child in care will:
- have a school place
- have a current Personal Education plan (PEP)
- attend a full time educational placement
- achieve their potential
It is our responsibility to:
- promote the progress of children in care
- raise awareness of the importance of education and lifelong learning with all people associated with children in care
- help create opportunities for children in care to achieve success in their educational careers
- work closely with all agencies to improve educational opportunities for children in care
For the children in care on its roll, the Virtual School:
- monitors their attainment, attendance and engagement with learning
- monitors personal education planning and PEPs
- manages the Children in Care Pupil Premium Grant (PP+)
- works with schools and other learning settings to ensure children make good progress and that PP+ is being used effectively
- holds all stakeholders to account
- provides training for designated teachers through meetings and individual support
- advises social workers and carers to ensure they contribute to the education outcomes of children on their case load or in their care placement
How to contact the Doncaster Virtual School - CiC team
Please note: Any communication from the Virtual School to schools or other agencies, services and professionals that refers to a child in care’s personal details will be sent using the Doncaster Council policy described above.
Virtual school contact information
Primary Senior Raising of Achievement Officer – Theresa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Secondary Senior Raising of Achievement Officer - Andrew.email@example.com
Virtual School Head:
- By phone: The Virtual School can be contacted on 01302 737880, but be aware that members of the team are not routinely at the office so you may wish to email the officer and consider the advice and guidance offered by these web-pages before ringing.