The council has produced Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) to provide further guidance about the implementation of specific planning policies.
SPDS do not introduce new policies, but rather assist in the interpretation and application of existing policies and proposals. They give guidance to the public, applicants and developers when making planning applications.
Draft SPDs published for public consultation and adopted SPDs will be available on this page.
What is the status of SPDs?
Whilst they do not have the same status as Development Plan Documents (or DPDs), SPDs are a material consideration in the determination of planning applications.
The Core Strategy and Unitary Development Plan provide policy requirements, but do not give sufficient detail to implement the requirements of the National Planning Policy Framework at the local level.
- Development Guidance and Requirements SPD
- South Yorkshire Residential Design Guide SPD
- Development and Floodrisk SPD
- Residential Backland and Infill Development SPD
- Carr Lodge Design Code SPD
The following SPDs have now been revoked as they needed to be replaced, updated or withdrawn as they are now out-of-date (i.e. predate the adoption of the Core Strategy and NPPF), or they no longer remain relevant:
- Biodiversity Mitigation and Compensation SPD
- Landscape Planning on Development Sites SPD
- Local Wildlife and Geological Sites SPD
- Planning for Nature SPD
- Planning for Trees and Hedgerows on Development Sites
- Sustainable Construction SPD
- Extensions to domestic dwellings SPG
Other Planning Guidance
In addition to the SPDs above, other informal planning guidance has been adopted:
Public Open Space in New Developments - Planning Guidance documents
- Public Open Space Requirements - This Supplementary Planning Guidance gives details of whether public open space is required within new residential developments and if so, how much.
- Public Open Space in New Developments Planning Guidance
- Download (21KB)
- Background to Public Open Space Guidance - This is a report to Council on the consultations undertaken and other background details on how the public open space guidance was determined.
- Background to Public Open Space Guidance
- Download (22KB)
- Appendix - Local Public Open Space Provision - This is an extract from the Unitary Development Plan giving details of the local Public Open Space provision requirements for the borough and also a list of consultees asked to comment on the planning guidance note.
- Appendix - Local Public Open Space Provision
- Download (454KB)
Finningley Plan Brief
- Below is the Finningley planning brief document, with associated appendices and plans.
- Finningley Planning Brief
- Download (116KB)
- Appendix A - Contains a description of the Finningley sites, its location and the buildings and their functions now or during the period of occupation by the RAF.
- Finningley Planning Brief Appendix A
- Download (27KB)
- Appendix B - An extract from the North of England Air Services Study of 1999.
- Finningley Planning Brief Appendix B
- Download (12KB)
- Appendix C - Gives the land quality statement, including details of contamination.
- Finningley Planning Brief Appendix C
- Download (24KB)
- Appendix D - The scoping report for the Finningley Planning Brief. It gives details of environmental impacts, transportation structures and includes lists of abbreviations used throughout the report.
- Finningley Planning Brief Appendix D
- Download (84KB)
- Finningley Planning Brief Plans
- Download (2.24MB)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 01302 734419