Edlington Town Council Neighbourhood Development Plan
The area covered by the Edlington Neighbourhood Plan can be viewed on the Neighbourhood Plans Interactive Map.
Read more about the Neighbourhood Plan on the Town Council website
Edlington Neighbourhood Plan
Following a successful Referendum the Edlington Neighbourhood Plan was 'made' by Full Council on the 19 July 2018 when it was adopted as part of Doncaster's Development Plan.
- Edlington Town Neighbourhood Plan - Adopted Version
- Download (4.28MB - PDF)
- Edlington Neighbourhood Development Plan Decision Statement
- Download (267KB - PDF)
The referendum on the Edlington Neighbourhood Plan was held on Thursday 14 June 2018 and the results are published below.
The question asked in the referendum was:
"Do you want Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Edlington to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
Number of votes cast in favour of a 'YES' - 541
Number of votes cast in favour of a 'NO' - 70
Votes cast - 615
Rejected Papers - 4
Electorate - 5499
Turnout – 11.18%
Independent Examination – Examiner’s report
The report of the Independent Examination of the Edlington Neighbourhood Development Plan prepared by Terry Raymond Heselton BA (Hons) Dip TP MRTPI has been received and recommends that the Neighbourhood Plan should, subject to the recommended modifications, proceed to referendum.
- Edlington report
- Download (859KB - PDF)
The Local Planning Authority are considering the recommended modifications. Our response to the recommendations will be published shortly.
The report also recommends that the Neighbourhood Plan should proceed to a Referendum based on the Neighbourhood Area as approved by the Council (Edlington parish boundary).
Regulation 16 Publication of Edlington Neighbourhood Development Plan
Following the completion of Regulation 14 pre-submission consultation and publicity on their Neighbourhood Plan, Edlington Town Council have submitted the following documents to the Local Planning Authority, for examination under Part 5 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended).
- Edlington Town Neighbourhood Plan Submission Version
- Download (3.84MB)
- Appendix 1 - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan - Green Belt
- Download (880KB)
- Appendix 3 - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan - Local Wildlife Sites
- Download (1.15MB)
- Appendix 5 - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan - Scheduled Monuments
- Download (1.17MB)
- Appendix 7 - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan - Main Employment Areas
- Download (1.16MB)
- Appendix 8 - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan - Public Rights of Way
- Download (1.17MB)
- Appendix A - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement - Designation Letter
- Download (58KB)
- Appendix B - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement - Membership of the Steering Group
- Download (6KB)
- Appendix C - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement - Community Questionnaire
- Download (1001KB)
- Appendix D - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement - Consultation Findings - Feb 2016 - Community Questionnaire
- Download (84KB)
- Appendix E - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement- Consultation Findings - June 2016 - Thomas Wharton College
- Download (316KB)
- Appendix F - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement - Consultation Findings - June 2016 - Edlington Gala
- Download (114KB)
- Appendix G - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement - Planning for the future of Edlington Flyer
- Download (84KB)
- Appendix H- Edlington Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement - Consultation Findings - December 2016 - The Grainger Centre
- Download (155KB)
- Appendix I - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement - Consultation Findings - November 2016 - DMBC comments
- Download (54KB)
- Appendix J - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement - Examples of how the draft Plan was publicised
- Download (252KB)
- Appendix K - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement - Statutory and Non-Statutory bodies consulted
- Download (136KB)
- Appendix L - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement - Consultation Findings - March 2017 - collated response
- Download (80KB)
- Edlington Parish Neighbourhood Plan Supporting Evidence Local Character Builidngs and Sites
- Download (3.41MB)
- Edlington Town Neighbourhood Plan Supporting Evidence - Local Green Spaces - updated to take account of Inspectors reccommendations
- Download (3.52MB - PDF)
The Edlington Neighbourhood Development Plan and associated documents can also be inspected on-line at the reception of the Civic Office, Waterdale, Doncaster, DN1 3BU during normal opening hours or viewed on-line at libraries and customer service centres during their normal opening hours.
Representations on the Plan were invited and could include a request to be notified of the Local Planning Authority’s decision under regulation 19 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 on the plan proposal (whether to make or to refuse to make the Neighbourhood Development Plan).
It is the responsibility of the Doncaster Council to collate all the representations made and pass these on to the independent examiner, who will examine the plan documents and assess whether the plan is in line with legislation and can therefore proceed to a referendum. An examiner will be appointed to undertake the examination shortly.
This consultation closed on Friday 12 May 2017 and the Council has now appointed an independent assessor Terry Raymond Heselton BA (Hons) Dip TP MRTPI to undertake the examination.
Edlington Town Council submitted a screening request to the Local Planning Authority to establish whether a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)was required. The screening opinion and the responses received to date confirm that a SEA is not required.
- Edlington NP SEA Screening Opinion
- Download (369KB)
- Edlington NP SEA Screening Response Environment Agency
- Download (123KB)
- Edlington NP SEA Screening Response Historic England
- Download (48KB - PDF)
Regulation 14 Pre-submission consultation and publicity
Edlington Town Council published their draft Neighbourhood Plan for 7 weeks, commencing on Friday 16 December 2016. The consultation closed on Friday 3 February 2017 and the Town Council are preparing to submit the Neighbourhood Plan.
The Plan can be viewed below and is also available to view along with associated documents on the Edlington Town Council website
- Edlington Neighbourhood Plan
- Download (3.23MB)
You can comment on the Plan either by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Town Clerk, Edlington Town Council, The Grainger Centre, Stubbins Hill, Edlington, Doncaster DN12 1JN.
Designation of the Neighbourhood Area for the Edlington Neighbourhood Plan
The Edlington Neighbourhood Plan area has been designated and covers the whole of the parish of Edlington.
Designation means that the parish council have approval to progress a plan for the designated area and no other parish/town council or Neighbourhood Forum can complete a Neighbourhood Plan for the area.
Application for the designation of the Neighbourhood Area for the Edlington Neighbourhood Plan
An application has been received from Edlington Town Council for the designation of a Neighbourhood Area. In accordance with Part 2, Regulation 5 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 the Parish Council have submitted:
- a map which identifies the area to which the area application relates;
- Neighbourhood Plan Boundary
- Download (728KB)
- a statement explaining why this area is considered appropriate to be designated as a neighbourhood area; and
- a statement that the organisation or body making the area application is a relevant body for the purposes of section 61G of the 1990 Act.
- Application for Designation of a Neighbourhood Area
- Download (101KB)
Representations on the application were invited but the consultation has now closed.