The Wellbeing Team was created on the principal of ensuring that all residents of Doncaster have access to support, guidance and advice about problems and issues they may be experiencing, and to also maximise the individuals independence within the community regardless of any medical condition, physical disability, or mental health difficulty.
We have borough wide Community Conversation Hubs; where you can meet a member of the Team, to discuss any concerns you may have in more detail. These are generally held at local libraries and community venues in your local area – please visit Your Life Doncaster for more information - Be aware these may be altered due to COVID Restrictions.
There are 6 Wellbeing strands that we work towards to provide holistic support:
- Adults affected by their Mental Health – Do you feel that you or another person are struggling with anxiety or depression, or other associated mental health concerns? We work with a range of statutory and local community agencies who are able to help you in various ways in relation to mental health. You may benefit from attending local peer support groups to discuss your feelings in a positive environment, or perhaps require some counselling about a recent loss or traumatic experience.
- Adults affected by their Physical Health – Have a concern about how a friend or relative is managing their day to day tasks? Then the Well Being Team might be able to help. Our role is to build a package of support unique to that individual to ensure they can stay independent for as long as possible in their own home. This could include supporting you to look at arranging home meal delivery services, or to help you arrange community transport (Such as the Leger Bus) should you be struggling to access your community due to deteriorating mobility.
- Adults affected by Social Isolation and Loneliness – Do you feel isolated, or lonely? It’s common for people to feel isolated at certain periods in their life, sometimes even if they’ve lived in a an area for a long time. Friends or neighbours may have moved away, or even family. If that’s the case, than the Well Being Officers may be able to help. Each region of Doncaster has a Well Being Officer who knows the area well, and can signpost, or even support you to attend, a whole range of community groups (e.g. coffee mornings, bingo groups, walking groups, chair based exercise to name a few). You may also be a carer who is restricted to accessing activities due to the responsibility of your caring role and need some additional guidance around respite, or other support available.
- Adults requiring support within their Environment or Housing – Looking for guidance on housing issues? Well Being Officers are able to complete minor adaptations to properties to minimise potential risk and injury whilst mobilising and going about your daily activities. If you are struggling with bills and your tenancy in general, we are also able to signpost you to other organisations who may be able to help you manage a tenancy; whether that be a private arrangement or a St Leger Homes property.
- Adults at risk of Financial Exclusion – Money worries? Well Being Officers have up-to-date information and contacts for support organisations in the borough that may be able to help you manage any debt problems, or even help you apply for the correct benefits to maximise your income. With a solid working knowledge of local and national grant schemes which can be accessed in a crisis or for a specific piece of support equipment you may require, we can help you apply for these as and when required.
- Adults who need Help – Have you experienced problems with alcohol/drug addiction, or experienced/at risk of domestic abuse? Well Being Officers are able to help you access support to tackle addictions, and to also reach out for support if you feel at risk. As above, we have a range of Conversation Hubs where you can speak to the team in confidence if it’s difficult or inappropriate to speak at home.
- Veteran & Carer Support – We work with a range of local and national charities that support both Veterans and Carers who may be struggling with various issues in their day to day life. If you are looking for Veteran support please visit our dedicated support page Armed Forces Support
- Group Support – If you are a member of a local community group, we can help you apply for both the SEED Fund or a Helping Hands Grant to support your group, but can also signpost to other organisations who can provide further funding support.
For any further information please contact us:
Tel: 01302 735553
Website: Your Life Doncaster
- Wellbeing Referal Form - 2020-21
- Download (171KB - DOCX)
- DMBC Wellbeing Team Flyer
- Download (109KB - PDF)