Providing a high quality service to overcome language barriers.
Doncaster Interpretation and Translation Unit (DITU)
DITU has been established since 2005 to ensure that local services are more accessible for members of the community for whom English is not their first language or are unable to communicate effectively enough in English. Interpreters can help to overcome language barriers and ensure that important messages are not missed and that all the community can access services such as health, education, legal and benefit services equally.
At DITU we have a variety of interpretation and translation services available to organisations and it may be that you need to access one or all of them. We offer a free, no obligation opportunity to assess the needs of your organisation and offer advice and guidance on services available, whilst ensuring costs are kept to a minimum. We pride ourselves on offering a high quality service at competitive rates.
- Face to Face interpretation - Used for any type of appointment or meeting, when information on procedures need to be explained, to assist with language barriers during client visits or in training. For example, health and safety briefings.
- Written Translation - letters, posters, information leaflets, agreements (e.g. contracts, working policies, legal information, health and safety information etc.). Including witness statements, typesetting and proof reading.
- Review and develop new services to meet customer needs.
- Staff training - using an interpreter, choosing the right service or designing training for interpreters on specific processes for your organisation.
- Advice and Guidance - ensuring best value for the work carried out.
To make an enquiry please complete an enquiry form. We can offer free no obligation quotations for the services we offer. We are unable to provide translations for members of the general public.
Doncaster Interpretation and Translation Unit is committed to providing a professional and quality service in everything we do. All our interpreters are fully assessed, monitored and trained to ensure they deliver excellence, with a grading system that ensures the most appropriate interpreter is sent to the job requested.
What to expect from us
- All requests will be dealt with efficiently.
- We will provide a professional and quality assured service.
- We will provide advice and guidance on the services you require ensuring best value for money.
- Training / attendance at meetings to discuss the most effective use of interpretation and translation services, tailored to suit the needs of your organisation.
Some of the languages available from our register of interpreters (other languages are available on request)
Booking an interpreter
- By Phone - Call a member of the team on 08448 734073.
- By Email - Send us the completed Interpreter request form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By E-form - Complete the information Interpreter-booking-form
- By phone - Call a member of the team on 08448 734073
- By Email - Send us the completed Translation request form with the document for translation to us at email@example.com
Becoming an interpreter
All new posts for interpreters will be advertised at http://www.doncaster.gov.uk/services/work-jobs-training/working-for-the-council website
We value and encourage customer feedback about our staff and interpreters, whether it is positive or negative. Please take a few moments to complete the Feedback form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interpreter request form
- Download (26KB - DOCX)
- Translation request form
- Download (26KB - DOCX)
- External Users Handbook
- Download (649KB - PDF)
- Language Identification chart
- Download (625KB - PDF)
- Feedback form2
- Download (25KB - DOCX)