Doncaster Council has the responsibility for dealing with unauthorised encampments and stray horses.
To report an unauthorised encampment or stray horses, please complete the following online form:
Illegal encampment on council land:
- Liaison team will visit and complete a health assessment.
- Enforcement will be decided on an individual basis dependant on circumstances.
- Enforcement will be taken to evict the illegal encampment by use of court procedures. Court procedures take between 3 - 4 days.
- Evictions will be carried out with the cooperation of the Police.
Illegal encampments on private land:
- Liaison team will only take action if asked for in writing by the land owner.
- Advice will be given on other options to the land owner.
- If the liaison team take court action on behalf of the land owner, the land owner will be charged the court fees.
Private illegal sites:
- Private illegal sites should be reported to us on 01302 736000.
- This will then be investigated by the planning team and enforcement taken if necessary.
St Leger Homes has a responsibility for managing and maintaining the authorities Gypsy and Traveller sites, they liaise with members of the Gypsy and Traveller communities and also outside agencies providing help and advice. For further information regarding Housing Options please visit the following website: Doncaster HomeChoice
There are a number of Gypsy and Traveller sites throughout the borough that are maintained and managed by St Leger Homes, these are:
- Lands End, Thorne
- Little Lane Road, Clay Lane
- Nursery Lane (New Traveller), Sprotbrough
- White Towers, Armthorpe