Doncaster has a varied voluntary arts scene.
Doncaster has a varied voluntary arts scene offering creative cultural activities for people to enjoy across all art forms including crafts, choirs, dance, drama, literature, visual arts, and festivals. Below are some of the place you can find creative opportunities.
Right Up Our Street
Right Up Our Street (RUOS) is a network of people across the borough of Doncaster creating and being a part of brilliant art and culture which is open for all to take part in.
darts (Doncaster Community Arts)
darts are a team of artists, makers, musicians, performers, and support staff with a shared mission to create art with the people of Doncaster to improve life, learning, and health. Find darts at The Point, a community gallery which is open to all, with a café, workshop spaces, meeting and office space. The Point is free to enter and holds around six high quality exhibitions every year.
Theatre is Doncaster
Cast is Doncaster’s state-of-the-art performance venue, which strives to enrich the creative and cultural life of Doncaster communities through high-quality performances and participation work. Doncaster Little Theatre is mostly run by volunteers, as is Bawtry Phoenix Theatre. All three of these arts venues offer a mixed programme of theatre, cinema, live music and events.
There are a number of festivals and events that take place in Doncaster including:
- Doncaster Heritage Festival offering a series of talks, walks, activities and workshops
- Doncaster Food and Drink Festival bring together street food, cooking demos and street art
- Annual large scale free outdoor arts event in the Civic and Cultural Quarter hosed by Cast and RUOS
- DNfestival of light hosted by RUOS in November
- Ted Hughes Poetry Festival
- Local music festivals including Doncaster Folk Festival, DN1 Music Festival, Tickill T-Fest, Askern Music Festival, Conisbrough Music Festival
- Doncaster Pride annual event takes place every year in August
Doncaster Music Education Hub
Doncaster Music Education Hub is a collection of local partners lead jointly by Doncaster Music Service and darts. Their ambition is to provide every child in Doncaster the opportunity to sing and learn a musical instrument, and to perform as an ensemble.
The New Fringe
The New Fringe is a membership organisation for independent, progressive artists in the Doncaster area. They host events, workshops, skills sharing, and exhibitions to the wider public.
Doncaster Arts Fair
Doncaster Art Fair is for emerging and professional artist to showcase and sell their work. They organise art fairs, exhibitions and networking opportunities for budding artists.
Doncaster Halls and Rooms for hire
If you are looking for a venue to rehearse your activity, please use the following download:
- Doncaster Halls and Rooms for Hire in the Doncaster area
- Download (423KB - PDF)