The Friends of Sandall Beat are a group of local volunteers who carry out lots of work at Sandall Beat wood, an important Local Nature Reserve.
Who are the Friends of Sandall Beat?
The Friends of Sandall Beat are local volunteers who carry out practical woodland management at Sandall Beat Wood, an important Local Nature Reserve.
They work in partnership with the council to make a range of improvements to the woodland.
We're of interest to anyone who:
- has an interest in wildlife and the environment
- is keen to have a say in how your local woodland is conserved
- wants to make new friends and meet like-minded people
Where and when?
- every Thursday 10am - 12pm
- at the Community Environment Centre in Sandall Beat Wood
Just bring yourself and your enthusiasm - we’ll provide a warm welcome, the opportunity to get stuck into some constructive projects and refreshments at the end of each session.
The 'Friends of' have already:
- built and installed benches
- worked on improving paths and trails
- raised money to buy tools, safety clothing and equipment
- planted trees and hedgerows
- removed litter and rubbish
- enjoyed talks from wildlife experts
- as well as cleared choked ditches and overgrown rhododendron
For information about the Friends of Sandall Beat Wood, or any of our wide range of activities, contact the Countryside Community Environment Service via: