Danum Gallery, Library and Museum (DGLAM)
The new home for Doncaster Libraries and Heritage Doncaster in the Civic and Cultural Quarter is located on the junction of Waterdale and Chequer Road in Doncaster town centre.
- Monday: 10am - 5pm
- Tuesday: 10am - 5pm
- Wednesday: 10am - 5pm
- Thursday: 10am - 5pm
- Friday: 10am - 5pm
- Saturday: 10am - 4pm
- Sunday: Closed
Please note our opening times changed on Monday 4 September. You can read more on our website.
What is there to see and do
The new building can be enjoyed by all residents and visitors and is home to the following:
- The children’s and adult lending libraries
- Museum packed with fascinating collections
- Art Gallery full of impressive works some loaned from the likes of the British Museum.
- King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry Museum
- Rail Heritage Centre showcasing memorabilia from the Doncaster Grammar School Railway Collection and two locomotive engines - No.251 and Green Arrow
- A high quality education space
- A lovely cafe
- Training, meeting and conference facilities
...and much, much more.
Address: Danum Gallery, Library and Museum, Waterdale, Doncaster DN1
The Danum is located a 10 minute walk (0.5 miles) from Doncaster Railway Station and Doncaster Bus Station.
Waterdale Car Park, Wood Street Car Park, and Civic Quarter Car Park are all located less than a 5 minute walk from the building.
- Accessible toilet
- Changing Places toilet
- Baby change
- Meeting rooms
- Free Wi-Fi and internet access
How the building got its name
Residents were invited to put forward names and vote for their favourite from a shortlist. The name reflects our history and the key elements people can enjoy and use inside.
Please visit www.dglam.org.uk for further details about the venue including contact details.
Downloads & Resources
Display your introduction over featured image?: No