Askern Boating Lake is home to beautiful scenery, various sports and play facilities and a café with a view of the lake.
Owing to Covid-19 (Coronavirus), please note that although play areas, outdoor gyms, sports facilities, walking routes and nature walks are open; social distancing must be followed in all these areas.
Please respect the park – take your litter home with you or use the bins provided, and pick up waste after your dog.
You can continue to use green spaces responsibly. Please respect other visitors - do not visit if you have any symptoms; use your own hand sanitiser regularly, and adhere to government guidance.
Things to see and do at Askern Boating Lake
- toddler and junior play areas
- playing fields
- sports pitches (visit our football pitches pages for booking information)
- places to enjoy a sit and a bite to eat including The Lakeside Café and picnic areas around the lake
- angling (permitted between dawn and dusk)
- beautiful scenery including the renowned boating lake, a pond and a whole host of wildlife
- various walking routes - one circuit of the main footpath around the lake is 638 metres
Toilets are available between the cafe and car park - please be aware hours of opening may vary during the year.
Getting to the lake
The lake is just off Station Road, postcode DN6 0JB, with parking available near The Lakeside Café.
For a full list of buses you can get to the lake, use the Travel South Yorkshire journey planner and enter where you're going from and to (High Street/Askern Lane).
To see the lake and the surrounding area, check out the following Google Maps view:
Parks and outdoor spaces
For a list of parks and outdoor spaces in Doncaster, how to report an issue and how to apply for a memorial in one of these spaces, visit our parks and outdoor spaces page.