Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction forms

Forms to apply, provide evidence and further information for housing benefit and council tax reduction.

Claiming Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction 

Please complete the form to claim one or both: apply for Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Reduction

Appointee form

 For customers unable to act for themselves to make their claim please complete the following form:

BACS form to pay benefit into landlord's bank account

BACS form to pay benefit into tenant's bank account

Change of Circumstances form

To report a change after you claim (for example, income increase, started work) please complete the following:

Childcare charges form

For if you or your partner work full-time and pay childminding costs to a registered childminder, a registered nursery or play-scheme, or an after-school club

Income and Expenditure form

Information to support request to reduce repayment recovery below standard recovery rates should be provided on the following form:

Proof of earnings form

If you or your partner are working and you are unable to provide pay slips with your application please complete the following:

Proof of rent form

For private landlords to complete if you do not have a tenancy or licence agreement with them:

Self-employed earnings information

This form allows you to provide details of your self-employed income and expenses:

Sharing information agreement

This form gives permission for information to be disclosed to your landlord. It is not needed if you have signed the 'Sharing information with your landlord' part of the claim form.

Student Information

If you or your partner are a student please complete the following form:


Last updated: 27 January 2021 17:00:21

Did you find this page helpful?