Doncaster Trading Standards
The Trading Standards Service delivers Doncaster Council's statutory responsibility to enforce a wide range of complex and overlapping legislation. The role of Trading Standards is to ensure a fair, responsible and safe competitive trading environment, that supports both consumers and businesses.
The Service implements national policy to support fair and competitive markets, honest enterprise and good business. These are vital for the livelihoods and safety of our communities.
Support and advice for local businesses is provided to help legitimate business growth and is combined with tackling rogue traders seeking to gain a competitive advantage by exploiting consumers, particularly those who are vulnerable.
The work of the Trading Standards Service is naturally focused on local priorities. The most significant consumer protection risks are addressed nationally through a framework that coordinates local Trading Standards Services.
You can view a list of Trading Standards Statutory Duties.
For free, confidential and impartial advice, or to report any information to Trading Standards contact us:
- Online at www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards
(you can use the online form or alternatively, chat online Monday to Friday 9am-5pm)
- By telephone through the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on freephone: 0808 223 1133
- How to find us
Information and advice:
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR):
- Check our latest news and follow us on Twitter
- View our Facebook page
- South Yorkshire Motor Trade Business Partnership
- Chartered Trading Standards Institute
- Trading Standards jobs and careers advice
Downloads & Resources
Display your introduction over featured image?: No