The council provides recycling stations for approximately 4000 flats in the borough.
What can I recycle in my blue bin?
You can put these items together in your blue bin, there is no need to separate them:
- paper (including shredded paper)
- cardboard (large pieces should be broken up so they fit in)
- empty aerosols
- plastic bottles
- lids from glass bottles and jars.
- liquid food cartons (Tetra Pack)
What can I recycle in my green bin?
You can put these items in your green bin:
- glass bottles and jars only
Changes to collections:
- recycling and refuse collections will now be made on a Tuesday to Friday, this means that your bins will be collected on the same day throughout the year.
- the exception will be at Christmas & New Year. For changes to your collections please see the Bank holiday recycling and refuse collections page
- for updates and information on collections during periods of bad weather follow Doncaster Council on Facebook and Twitter.
The council is continuing to assess more flats across the borough where alterations to the waste storage areas are necessary. These locations will be added to the service as soon as possible.