Submit a Council Tax or Business Rates general enquiry form

What is this for?

To contact the Council Tax or Business Rates team about any aspect of your Council Tax or Business Rates, including help and advice on:

  • Payment queries
  • Recovery action, such as receiving a Reminder, Summons or Liability Order.
  • Changes in your household or with your business
  • Ways to reduce your bill, including discounts, relief's and exemptions, or
  • Respond to a request for information, for example we have asked you to supply information or documents to us (you will be able to upload files, or documents on this form),
  • anything else you may need help with.


What is it going to cost?


What we need from you

We will ask you to register for a MyDoncaster account if you haven’t already. This will allow you to track your enquiry, and for us to tell you the outcome of your request. You will also be able to access additional online services offered by us.

We will also ask you to tell us your Council Tax or Business Rates account number, and property reference number (if you have one). These can be found on your Council Tax or Business Rates bill. If known, providing this information will help us direct your enquiry to the right team and handle your enquiry much quicker.

You will need to tell us what you enquiry is about and check that the information you need is not available on line.

Most enquiries we receive can be answered or completed online.

Our range of online services mean you can supply information to us, request changes to your account, and view information about your account online without needing to contact us.

Did you know that you can do the following online:

  • Pay your bill
  • View your Council Tax or Business Rates account, to check your payment date, payments made, and live balances.
  • Tell us about changes in your household, including people moving in, or out, or if you have moved home.
  • Tell us your business has moved
  • Tell us about a change of tenant
  • Apply for discounts, relief's or exemptions
  • Apply for Council Tax reduction
  • Request a copy bill
  • Set up a Direct Debit, change your payment date, or payment method, and report a missing payment
  • Sign up for e-billing
  • Get advice about what to do if you are struggling to pay, or have received a reminder, Summons, Liability Order, or if a debt has been passed to an Enforcement Agent.
  • Deal with your arrears, including providing details about your income and expenditure, and make an offer of payment
  • Submit a Council Tax appeal, or dispute a completion notice

What you should expect from us

Once your enquiry has been submitted, the Council Tax or Business Rates team will aim to respond within 21 days, although we hope to respond much quicker where possible.

Please do not submit repeat forms for the same enquiry, or to request updates on an existing enquiry, as this causes delays for yourself and other customers. Our Revenues teams are working hard to answer all enquires as quickly as possible. 

We thank you for your patience and co-operation. 


Do it Now
Last updated: 21 June 2023 10:09:57